• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Performance exhaust for K1200gt?

P

PetesK1200

Hi guys, I just picked up my first BMW cycle! It's a 03 K1200gt orient blue, I love this bike, after many years on sportbikes this is a nice transition for me! Anyhow I am looking for a aftermarket perf exhaust, any help in steering me in the rite direction will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Staintune and Remus seem to be the popular exhuasts systems for your bike. I had a staintune once before (they make sport and touring versions) the sport and found it to loud. The touring version was really close to stock. You will not get any noticeable performance from either, you will only get a lighter system with a different sound. Thats it. Expect to pay $600-1,200. Unless you are just looking to make the bike sound different, i didn't say looks because the left bag covers the exhaust. Take that thousand bucks and buy some accessories or helmet or gear.... :thumb

Two Brothers and ZTechnik also make systems for the K. If you do buy a
system, you'll probably want to get a performance chip to optimize engine
management with the freer flowing exhaust. There is a ton of info on
www.i-bmw.com for the GT.

Wait, you think your K1200 needs MORE performance? :evil
I found a used Remus titanium system on ibmwr for a really good price and put it on. I cant tell a bit of difference performance wise, but WOW does the bike sound great! A nice mellow throaty growl! :thumb

If you're going to buy new, Priates Lair carries a lot of different exhausts for the K1200. They start at about $800 and go up. I certianly would not spend that kind of money to make my bike sound "meaner" so that's why I'd reccomend buying one used. I see them on ibmwr from time to time.

Back