• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 k1300s motorsport special edition

ducster

I went to the local BMW dealership to get my bike from service, had another fuel strip replaced and as usual I did a walk around the store to look at the rolling stock on display. There was a 2015 k1300s motorsport special edition on the floor. Beautiful machine. The color scheme reminded me of a late 1980's version of the K100RS. It had an Akrapovic exhaust ( not sure if I spelled that correctly) and some very trick looking special pegs, rear brake lever and shifter.

I was doing some reading about it later and found a website that was suggesting that this year might be the last year for that model, which came as something of a surprise to me, as there really isn't another model similar to it in BMW's lineup.
I really doubt that this is likely, just probably some wild speculation that the internet seems so ripe for.

I was doing some reading about it later and found a website that was suggesting that this year might be the last year for that model, which came as something of a surprise to me, as there really isn't another model similar to it in BMW's lineup.
I really doubt that this is likely, just probably some wild speculation that the internet seems so ripe for.

So far I have not seen any mention of an updated K1300S or a unchanged 2016 K1300S.

It had an Akrapovic exhaust ( not sure if I spelled that correctly) and some very trick looking special pegs, rear brake lever and shifter.

It also has the $2,900 forged wheels.

Here's a picture of one with an aftermarket seat and backrest.
141106-164801-90-98-d800e.JPG

The San Antone dealer had one for a short spell. Had a MSRP of $20,340

P1030701.jpg

Have heard rumblings of the last year as well for this engine as it is 10 years old in spite of the 12 to 1300 change...maybe a K16S:dunno
A single model K16...even a GT/GTL seems a waste of a powerplant and it's not a big jump in width from the K1300's

...maybe a K16S:dunno
A single model K16...even a GT/GTL seems a waste of a powerplant and it's not a big jump in width from the K1300's

I'm a K bike lover, but I would probably go with a R1200RS before a K1600S.

Steve, I forgot to tell you two, we left ice-cream in the cabin freezer.

The Absolutely Last Edition, again

Yes the 2015 K1300s was the last edition.........
Huh what did you say? Oh, OK, the 2016 is definitely the last................
What? A 2017 now? Ok stop it. This isn't funny any more.

Regardless, I love my 2016 K1300S in motosport colors.

Back