Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2015 k1300s motorsport special edition

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lawrenceville,ga
    Posts
    353

    2015 k1300s motorsport special edition

    I went to the local BMW dealership to get my bike from service, had another fuel strip replaced and as usual I did a walk around the store to look at the rolling stock on display. There was a 2015 k1300s motorsport special edition on the floor. Beautiful machine. The color scheme reminded me of a late 1980's version of the K100RS. It had an Akrapovic exhaust ( not sure if I spelled that correctly) and some very trick looking special pegs, rear brake lever and shifter.

    I was doing some reading about it later and found a website that was suggesting that this year might be the last year for that model, which came as something of a surprise to me, as there really isn't another model similar to it in BMW's lineup.
    I really doubt that this is likely, just probably some wild speculation that the internet seems so ripe for.

  2. #2
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    I was doing some reading about it later and found a website that was suggesting that this year might be the last year for that model, which came as something of a surprise to me, as there really isn't another model similar to it in BMW's lineup.
    I really doubt that this is likely, just probably some wild speculation that the internet seems so ripe for.
    So far I have not seen any mention of an updated K1300S or a unchanged 2016 K1300S.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  3. #3
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    It had an Akrapovic exhaust ( not sure if I spelled that correctly) and some very trick looking special pegs, rear brake lever and shifter.

    .
    It also has the $2,900 forged wheels.

    Here's a picture of one with an aftermarket seat and backrest.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  4. #4
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,217
    The San Antone dealer had one for a short spell. Had a MSRP of $20,340

    P1030701.jpg

    Have heard rumblings of the last year as well for this engine as it is 10 years old in spite of the 12 to 1300 change...maybe a K16S
    A single model K16...even a GT/GTL seems a waste of a powerplant and it's not a big jump in width from the K1300's
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

  5. #5
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    ...maybe a K16S
    A single model K16...even a GT/GTL seems a waste of a powerplant and it's not a big jump in width from the K1300's
    I'm a K bike lover, but I would probably go with a R1200RS before a K1600S.

    Steve, I forgot to tell you two, we left ice-cream in the cabin freezer.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #6
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm a K bike lover, but I would probably go with a R1200RS before a K1600S.

    Steve, I forgot to tell you two, we left ice-cream in the cabin freezer.
    H found it last night Gone now!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

  7. #7
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    H found it last night Gone now!
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  8. #8

    The Absolutely Last Edition, again

    Yes the 2015 K1300s was the last edition.........
    Huh what did you say? Oh, OK, the 2016 is definitely the last................
    What? A 2017 now? Ok stop it. This isn't funny any more.

    Regardless, I love my 2016 K1300S in motosport colors.
    Eurocycleguy
    2017 BMW F800GSA, 2016 BMW K1300S motosport
    1974 Laverda 750GT, 1967 SEARS (Gilera) 106SS (one hundred and six screaming CCs of unearthly power)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gig harborr ,wa
    Posts
    588
    I think your right no 2018 models for the K1300!

  10. #10
    Registered User barryg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marion,Ar.
    Posts
    8,648
    Impressive looking. Motorsport color scheme really looks good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •