• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowering a K1600 GT ??

k1600ohio

Hello all . I just picked up a 2013 K1600GT it came with 2 front seats . I do believe one is smaller then the other . Yet I am still on my toes. Any way to lower the whole bike ?? Thanks for any help k1600ohio

Search the K1600 forum, a couple riders have their bikes lowered, a couple issues have occurred, adaptive headlights need adjusting is one. Many of the quality aftermarket seat makers can shave some foam off your seat and give you more leg room. First off though make sure you in fact have a low seat, and it's tilted in the low position. Good luck and enjoy the ride!!!

Hello all . I just picked up a 2013 K1600GT it came with 2 front seats . I do believe one is smaller then the other . Yet I am still on my toes. Any way to lower the whole bike ?? Thanks for any help k1600ohio

I would suggest you look into the ESA Wilber's Shocks for the K1600. Give them a call, and they will be take your needs, to include weight carried to make the shocks for you. Not to mention the Wilber's are the best shocks for the K16 (to include the stock)

Consider seat options first

The K1600GT has a bench style seat which is divided into a rider's and passenger's seat. The front seat is available in regular and low profile. The two front seats you have are most likely this. There is a lower seat for the K1600GT which is the one piece seat which was designed for touring on the K1600GTL. The low version of this seat is about 28 inches. It is available from your BMW dealer and you must purchase an adapter kit to make it work on a GT. I put it on my bike within a month of purchasing the bike and it has served me (my pants inseam is 30") well. It is very comfortable for long days in the saddle. The only problem I have experienced is that the low seat makes the foot pegs seem too high. I understand that the GTL has lower pegs and I may in the future purchase an after-market set of adjustable pegs. This would be a cheaper solution than trying to change the suspension. Visit a dealer and try sitting on a GTL with a low seat to see if it is what you need. Dennis

Lowering a k1600 gt

Thank you all for the information. I think I will start off with the seat from the GTL then " I hope not " mess with the shocks .

Hal k1600ohio

Good luck on the new seat

I never realized that Germans were so tall until I started riding a BMW and learned that I was "inseam challenged." Searching for a low seat becomes a major avocation for many BMW riders. The solution for the K1600GT appeared to be relatively easy. Enjoy your new bike; it is a great machine. Each day I ride mine, I fall in love with it all over again. Dennis

Back