• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles you wish you had kept~

I miss my 71 Honda CB350. Not all that great of a bike but it served me well while I was in college and dating my (then future) wife. Funny thing...she had been dating a guy who rode a BMW, an early 70's/late 60's airhead. Wonder if it was the Honda that won her over?? :scratch :laugh

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

And another one....Image (4).jpg

Sorry about the image size! :scratch

The rims/tires aren't stock obviously...this little Suzi began her career as the race bike for a shop in Bellevue, WA. It was pretty fast...in a straight line. :)

Wish I had kept every bike I've ever owned, like the Brittish motorcyclist I met one time. He kept every one of the 52 bikes he had ever owned. The first was a '52 Ariel Square 4 that he used to get his motorcycle license in 1952.
I asked to meet his wife.
Charlie

My 1972 Bultaco Matador Six Day

bultaco_matador_sixday.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/skf5MVRcyO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Nope, not me.........

I'm a thanks the memories type guy when it comes to vehicles. Love'm and leave'm.

I wish l had my father's Triumph TR5T. Which was really a BSA. It was the first motorcycle l was ever exposed to. I was 4 or 5 and remember sitting on the tank and having the sensation of flying. Dad also had a '53 Indian but l never saw that bike run.

These bikes were fun for me. The Honda 750-4 (1975 I think) was my first and fit me like a glove. The '78 R100RS was fun but I just couldn't get used to the pressure on my arms...still wish I had it back. The '82 Honda Sabre went like stink IMO. Pegged the speedometer around 130mph during a local breakfast run...slowing back down to the 90mph range seemed like I was walking!!

Attachments

• MyBikes.jpg
    MyBikes.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 551
1964 Honda Super Cub
1968 BSA 250 Starfire
1970 Kawasaki 500 Mach III
1972 Honda CB750
1972 Dunstall HondaHonda-CR750-Rickman-74-1.JPG79 CBX.jpg1979 Suzuki GS1000S.jpg
1974 Rickman Honda
1979 Honda CBX
1980 Suzuki GS1000S

My 1978 KZ1000. Was my first bike. I wished I kept the bike I had before the RT too, a 1600 Nomad. Dead reliable bike and the wife prefers it over the RT.

Squirrelly but impressive

Wish I still my had my 1975 Kawasaki H2 750 triple. Custom metal flake paint job, Bassani expansion chambers, re-jetted carbs with K&N's made for a memorable bike. It was all kinds of snarling twitchiness, but it was fun. Today's more reasonable brain would probably not let me ride it past sixty though.

I had one of the first Honda Mini Trails off the line. My dad had one of the first CB750s off the line (that would be a keeper!). When I was 16 or so, my sister rode down from her place in Boston on an old R-50. After that, I bought a used R-69S from Stan's Cycle Center (I think that was the name) in Doylestown, PA. I kept that until I drove it off the road (flat tire at 60+MPH) near Columbus Ohio in the summer of '73. I stuck my thumb out and kept going west and my dad sent my cousin with his pick-u truck from Phila (suburbs) to Ohio to pick the bike up. I sold it later that summer for $400! I am soooo glad I left my 1969 Gibson Les Paul under my bed where it belonged for 35 years! We grow too soon old and too late smart.

My old bikes I still pine for:

My very first new motorcycle: 1966 Honda CB450 ...aka the Ugly Duckling
Like this restored version by a local rider

P7250005.jpg

My first new BMW: 1978 R100RS...aka Old Goldie

103361012_NDaLG-M.jpg

My first GS: 1990 R100GSPD

PA220050.jpg

Last edited:
My early rides that I wish I would have kept. 1972 Honda CL 175 Scrambler. My first. I learned from it why I ride.
cl175.jpg

The 1976 Kawasaki H2 750 was a crazy fast machine. Really enjoyed that ride. Probably lost a few of my "nine lives" on that thing too.Kawasaki H2 750 74  1.jpg

Oh yeah...

That would start with the '67 Honda CL250 Scrambler...
Honda 250.jpg

and the 1968 Yamaha DT250 that acquired a GYT Kit, lost a lotta street parts, and became a flat-tracker...
YAMAHADT-1-1497_1.jpg

and the 1972 Aermacchi/HD ERS 350 flat-tracker. I had serial #1 of 200 produced in that final year of production, and I was stupid enough to sell it because I needed a street bike....
1970_HD_ERS_AA.20691241_std.jpg

But, the list isn't done!
:)
DG

Back