Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Motorcycles you wish you had kept~

F O R K brace. But l agree, it's kinda silly.
    Paul
    Stop wrestling with your motorcycle, dance with it.
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    I like the "foot brace/grab bar" attached to the front forks.
    It was intended for the Australian market. That's a Roo bar.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    F O R K brace.
    Old eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    F O R K brace. But l agree, it's kinda silly.
    But think about the adventures you could dream of? Winching the mighty 120Cat up a side hill in Central America........Only possible by the Rokon-style fork brace.

It was GS long before GS was a style.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Funny, I always remember, fondly, the great cars and motorcycles that I owned, but for the life of me cannot remember what I did with the money I sold them for!
    I am too poor to buy cheap stuff, I need it to last forever (tewster2)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Ya ever have a Forestry Patrolman stop and check you for a spark arrestor in those mountains around Reno? Say on Peavine at the 7th street sand pits, or perhaps off Skyline Drive towards Hunter Lake. DAMHIK.
    I used to ride up toward Hunter Lake but I don't recall being stopped by anyone. I don't remember ever seeing else up there. This was in 1970. We lived on Markridge Dr. I'd ride to the end of the street and then head off into the boonies, there wasn't anything there then. Looking at Google Earth I can find our house but it looks a lot more built up all around there now. There was another place that we used to ride that was dirt hills, etc. that was pretty popular with the dirt crowd, IIRC. I think it was on the southwest side. It's probably built up too. Reno was a lot smaller place then. I guess I should expect some change in 45 years.
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289

Quote Originally Posted by markaz View Post
    I used to ride up toward Hunter Lake but I don't recall being stopped by anyone. I don't remember ever seeing else up there. This was in 1970. We lived on Markridge Dr. I'd ride to the end of the street and then head off into the boonies, there wasn't anything there then. Looking at Google Earth I can find our house but it looks a lot more built up all around there now. There was another place that we used to ride that was dirt hills, etc. that was pretty popular with the dirt crowd, IIRC. I think it was on the southwest side. It's probably built up too. Reno was a lot smaller place then. I guess I should expect some change in 45 years.
    Frankly, I barely remember what Reno looked like back then! Change is an understatement.

My regular patrol area was Peavine Mtn, but we stayed off the back trails after 10 or 11 in the morning, to shorten our fire response times. Met a lot of kids on bikes up in the Sand Pit area off W7th/Kings Row area. When the Verdi patrol guy was on days off, I'd cover his territory up on Skyline...I remember Markridge Dr.

Some of the areas I patrolled in the summers are now acres and acres of houses. I was with NDF from '69 to '85, fought a lot of fires in those hills... Some good times, some not so good.

Started riding dirt bikes in Fallon in the early 60's, "graduated" to street bikes in the 70's. Still miss those Sierra highways.

Cheers, B
    Bill Johnston

Just thought this thread should resurface periodically for the enjoyment of all.

Found this thread the other night using "search" . I thoroughly enjoyed it over a few days. Trips down memory lane should not be rushed.

Mine was a '72 R60/5. . (Bought new).
    Makes me wanna search for pics of that bike.

Charlie
    Last edited by 72r60/7; 11-28-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    I have two I wish I still had today...first a 1975 Honda CB550F and second, a 1990 R100 that was transformed into a smoked red R100RS.
    We have similar tastes. Back in the late 70's I rode a Honde 550 Four from Edmonton AB to Oaxaca MX and all over Mexico then back to Alberta.

I still own my '82 R100RS which I just rode from Vancouver BC to Harleysville PA for the 40th anniversary rally hosted by Todd Trumbore.
    The bike was repainted just before the trip so when Hans Muth who designed this amazing machine arrived at the rally I asked him to sign one of my side covers. So a tiny bit of it's creator is now along for the ride.
    40th RS Rally Keepers.jpgP1020357.jpg
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Johnston

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post

Hope you have a big picture of that on your wall somewhere

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

OM
    Well, it is my screen saver on the PC flat screen display!

‘‘Twas a glorious ride....
    Bill Johnston

OM[/QUOTE]

In an attempt to allay my regrets about the S, I ordered one of these yesterday to be delivered in May at the factory. It leans the wrong way in corners, but it rides pretty well.
    Bill Johnston

I sold a 2009 Yamaha TMax scooter in 2012 and regretted it instantly.

tmaxa.jpg

Today I rectified the problem. I found a well cared for 2009 TMax and made an 1,800 mile round trip to bring it home.

tmax2a.jpeg
    Lee A. Dickinson - Danielsville, GA USA
    MOA 80364 | RA 29650 | ABC 3480 | IBA 8914
    1992 R100RS - 1993 K1100RS - 2013 R1200GS

If Only

Ah yes. If only time stood still, we didn't age, and our parts didn't wear out.