• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles you wish you had kept~

Ya ever have a Forestry Patrolman stop and check you for a spark arrestor in those mountains around Reno? Say on Peavine at the 7th street sand pits, or perhaps off Skyline Drive towards Hunter Lake. DAMHIK. :)

I used to ride up toward Hunter Lake but I don't recall being stopped by anyone. I don't remember ever seeing else up there. This was in 1970. We lived on Markridge Dr. I'd ride to the end of the street and then head off into the boonies, there wasn't anything there then. Looking at Google Earth I can find our house but it looks a lot more built up all around there now. There was another place that we used to ride that was dirt hills, etc. that was pretty popular with the dirt crowd, IIRC. I think it was on the southwest side. It's probably built up too. Reno was a lot smaller place then. I guess I should expect some change in 45 years.

I used to ride up toward Hunter Lake but I don't recall being stopped by anyone. I don't remember ever seeing else up there. This was in 1970. We lived on Markridge Dr. I'd ride to the end of the street and then head off into the boonies, there wasn't anything there then. Looking at Google Earth I can find our house but it looks a lot more built up all around there now. There was another place that we used to ride that was dirt hills, etc. that was pretty popular with the dirt crowd, IIRC. I think it was on the southwest side. It's probably built up too. Reno was a lot smaller place then. I guess I should expect some change in 45 years.

Frankly, I barely remember what Reno looked like back then! Change is an understatement.:)

My regular patrol area was Peavine Mtn, but we stayed off the back trails after 10 or 11 in the morning, to shorten our fire response times. Met a lot of kids on bikes up in the Sand Pit area off W7th/Kings Row area. When the Verdi patrol guy was on days off, I'd cover his territory up on Skyline...I remember Markridge Dr.

Some of the areas I patrolled in the summers are now acres and acres of houses. I was with NDF from '69 to '85, fought a lot of fires in those hills... Some good times, some not so good.

Started riding dirt bikes in Fallon in the early 60's, "graduated" to street bikes in the 70's. Still miss those Sierra highways.

Cheers, B:dance

Just thought this thread should resurface periodically for the enjoyment of all.

Found this thread the other night using "search" :banghead. I thoroughly enjoyed it over a few days. Trips down memory lane should not be rushed.

Mine was a '72 R60/5. :thumb. (Bought new).
Makes me wanna search for pics of that bike.

Charlie

Last edited:
I have two I wish I still had today...first a 1975 Honda CB550F and second, a 1990 R100 that was transformed into a smoked red R100RS.

We have similar tastes. Back in the late 70's I rode a Honde 550 Four from Edmonton AB to Oaxaca MX and all over Mexico then back to Alberta.

I still own my '82 R100RS which I just rode from Vancouver BC to Harleysville PA for the 40th anniversary rally hosted by Todd Trumbore.
The bike was repainted just before the trip so when Hans Muth who designed this amazing machine arrived at the rally I asked him to sign one of my side covers. So a tiny bit of it's creator is now along for the ride. :thumb
40th RS Rally Keepers.jpgP1020357.jpg

attachment.php

Hope you have a big picture of that on your wall somewhere :wave

OM

Hope you have a big picture of that on your wall somewhere :wave

OM[/QUOTE]

In an attempt to allay my regrets about the S, I ordered one of these yesterday to be delivered in May at the factory. It leans the wrong way in corners, but it rides pretty well. :)

Attachments

• BD991E5C-17A0-4F48-A912-F673A0C8D047.jpeg
    BD991E5C-17A0-4F48-A912-F673A0C8D047.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 113
I sold a 2009 Yamaha TMax scooter in 2012 and regretted it instantly.

tmaxa.jpg

Today I rectified the problem. I found a well cared for 2009 TMax and made an 1,800 mile round trip to bring it home.

tmax2a.jpeg

If Only

Ah yes. If only time stood still, we didn't age, and our parts didn't wear out.

Attachments

• May 16 02.jpg
    May 16 02.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 56
Back