• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles you wish you had kept~

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
If you have been riding a while, I bet you have one. I wish I still had the Honda Mini-Trail 50......Judging by what they sell for, might have been a good investment to have half a dozen.

Picture courtesy of- http://www.codyhotrodshop.com

IMG_4558_op_680x510.jpg

What do you wish you kept?

OM

This should be a fun post! I definitely wish I still had my '89 Yamaha TZ250 & FZR400 race bikes! :doh

89 TZ250.jpg

7e64_3.jpg

I have two I wish I still had today...first a 1975 Honda CB550F and second, a 1990 R100 that was transformed into a smoked red R100RS.

Attachments

• cb550F.jpg
    cb550F.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_20141210_0001.jpg
    IMG_20141210_0001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 687
I have found memories of the Honda XL 70 I learned on and the Honda XL 175 I rode as a teenager, but I'm not sure I wish I still had them. I out grew the XL 70 by the time I reach a teenager. I do kinda wish I still had my Honda 450 Nighthawk I had in college. It was a good bike to ride around town on and I really like the looks of the Nighthawk series. (sorry no photo available)

1966 Honda 305 Super Hawk. Rode many crazy miles and took all the stupid chances a sub-20-yr-old rider tends to do. Raced my buddies up Mt. Tamalpais at night with headlights off so we could see the showers of sparks from our dragging mufflers. For those of us who didn't have the bucks for a Brit roadster, this was a most special machine: OHC, 28 hp, nimble and cheap ($600 in the day). Rode across the Nevada desert all night at 85 mph. Nostalgia? You bet! And all true.

Wish I had kept my 1989 Honda Pacific Coast PC800 (Pearl White)!

Also, my blue & black Suzuki Volusia 800cc cruiser - sweet ride when I had it down at Bike Week in Daytona Beach in 2004!

Three I wish I still had

My Yamaha 650 (sister bike pic) back in about 1971

i-v7qLkjC.jpg

My rat Norton
i-qCJ78nm.jpg

The first bike I ever bought new, it took my wife and I all over the western US, my mid 70's 550
i-wDMhfGN-L.jpg

Last edited:
My first bike. Yamaha DT250. A lot fun on that bike, on and off road.View attachment 49519

Had one back in 1970, my second bike. What a great time on that bike I had. I got to learn how to rebuild my first bike after I broke the chain dirt riding. It took out the primary cover and holed the case. Did my that rebuild in a spare bedroom in my college housing!

I like the look of that Norton, though I'm thinking it was not a comfortable ride. What year was that?

My Dad had a Triumph when I was a little girl. I have no idea what year or model it was; late 70s is my guess. I wish I had the bike now. I have a photo of me on it but I don't think you can tell what model it is. I don't even know what happened to it; sad.

I like the look of that Norton, though I'm thinking it was not a comfortable ride. What year was that?

If I remember right, the last year of the right hand shift, 74'

It started first or second kick every time, Boyer ignition with a single Mikuni carb. What it did not do was stop. You can see the front disc wear.

I miss my 71 Honda CB350. Not all that great of a bike but it served me well while I was in college and dating my (then future) wife. Funny thing...she had been dating a guy who rode a BMW, an early 70's/late 60's airhead. Wonder if it was the Honda that won her over?? :scratch :laugh

Back