• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Which FRS radio is best for Bike2Bike communication?

S

SweetT

I'm shopping for a bike to bike communicator and have settled on autocom. Now I need to decide what radio to get. THe autocom guys reccomend and sell the Kenwood FRS radios but the cheapest one costs twice as much as the nicest Motorola FRS radio. Are the Kenwood radios THAT much better? Is there that much difference in sound quality?

The people I have talked with recommend the Kenwood as well, but that is for non motorcycle use. I have motorola FRS radios that I got as a gift. They work so poorly I never bothered getting the connection for the AutoComm.

I have a cheapie Motorola radio set that my wife and I got so she could help me back the motorhome into difficult spots. We used that for bike to motorhome communication on the trip to Lima, and it worked just great! We were amazed at how clear the reception was.

I use the Kenwook XL w/Bike power via the Autocomm. I highly recommend this radio.

Back