• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Member from Montana

sprawl

Hi...just purchased a 1978 R100RS. Wrenched at a BMW shop in the late 70's and always lusted for one. Couldn't afford it then...but a friend decided to part with his and I bought it. When I figure out how to do the icon stuff...will have it posted. Will be in Billings as it is an easy ride. Hope to meet airhead fans. I'm certain that there is an airhead contingent somewhere on the forum and hope there is. Hoping all the "stuff" comes back to me. :)

Welcome to the forum! That RS should scoot you around Big Sky country quite well! :thumb

Airhead "stuff" is just like riding a bicycle...but I haven't been on a bicycle in a long time, so I can't be certain! Glad you'll attend the rally...look for Airhead Central with the big tent, soft chairs, and lots of wrenching going on. There will be a number of seminars to help wipe out the cobwebs so check them out. Be sure and poke around the Airheads part of the forum...also browse through the link in my signature for a range of topics that support BMWs and Airheads in general.

Welcome Aboard!

Sprawl,

Welcome to the club and the forum!

Hope to see you in Billings.

Thanks for being a member!

Thanks for the tip...

Welcome to the forum! That RS should scoot you around Big Sky country quite well! :thumb

Airhead "stuff" is just like riding a bicycle...but I haven't been on a bicycle in a long time, so I can't be certain! Glad you'll attend the rally...look for Airhead Central with the big tent, soft chairs, and lots of wrenching going on. There will be a number of seminars to help wipe out the cobwebs so check them out. Be sure and poke around the Airheads part of the forum...also browse through the link in my signature for a range of topics that support BMWs and Airheads in general.

Will be checking out the Airhead Central tent for certain. Mine is NOT a stock RS...has quite a few "back in time" stuff added forks and shocks changed to handle and ride better plus it is black with green pin striping and not the citrus yellow it rolled out of the factory with. Will they throw sticks at me?????

Will be checking out the Airhead Central tent for certain. Mine is NOT a stock RS...has quite a few "back in time" stuff added forks and shocks changed to handle and ride better plus it is black with green pin striping and not the citrus yellow it rolled out of the factory with. Will they throw sticks at me?????

Not a chance!

Welcome. Annie and I live near Helena.

Ummmm...I live near Great Falls and riding the canyon two and I 15 to Helena is an often done trip. Enjoy lunching at the Fusion Grille. Most likely will run into you as I intend to join the Montana contingent also.

Back