Thread: Member from Montana

Member from Montana

Hi...just purchased a 1978 R100RS. Wrenched at a BMW shop in the late 70's and always lusted for one. Couldn't afford it then...but a friend decided to part with his and I bought it. When I figure out how to do the icon stuff...will have it posted. Will be in Billings as it is an easy ride. Hope to meet airhead fans. I'm certain that there is an airhead contingent somewhere on the forum and hope there is. Hoping all the "stuff" comes back to me.

Welcome to the forum! That RS should scoot you around Big Sky country quite well!

Airhead "stuff" is just like riding a bicycle...but I haven't been on a bicycle in a long time, so I can't be certain! Glad you'll attend the rally...look for Airhead Central with the big tent, soft chairs, and lots of wrenching going on. There will be a number of seminars to help wipe out the cobwebs so check them out. Be sure and poke around the Airheads part of the forum...also browse through the link in my signature for a range of topics that support BMWs and Airheads in general.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome. Annie and I live near Helena.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Welcome sprawl and thanks for being a member! Enjoy the RS!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw)

Welcome Aboard!

Sprawl,

Welcome to the club and the forum!

Hope to see you in Billings.

Thanks for being a member!
    Wes Fitzer-MOA BoD - President
    BMWMOA 170126
    NE Oklahoma BMW Club; BMW Riders of Oklahoma
    2014 K1600 GTLE

Thanks for the tip...

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! That RS should scoot you around Big Sky country quite well!

Airhead "stuff" is just like riding a bicycle...but I haven't been on a bicycle in a long time, so I can't be certain! Glad you'll attend the rally...look for Airhead Central with the big tent, soft chairs, and lots of wrenching going on. There will be a number of seminars to help wipe out the cobwebs so check them out. Be sure and poke around the Airheads part of the forum...also browse through the link in my signature for a range of topics that support BMWs and Airheads in general.
    Will be checking out the Airhead Central tent for certain. Mine is NOT a stock RS...has quite a few "back in time" stuff added forks and shocks changed to handle and ride better plus it is black with green pin striping and not the citrus yellow it rolled out of the factory with. Will they throw sticks at me?????

Quote Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
    Will be checking out the Airhead Central tent for certain. Mine is NOT a stock RS...has quite a few "back in time" stuff added forks and shocks changed to handle and ride better plus it is black with green pin striping and not the citrus yellow it rolled out of the factory with. Will they throw sticks at me?????
    Not a chance!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Welcome. Annie and I live near Helena.
    Ummmm...I live near Great Falls and riding the canyon two and I 15 to Helena is an often done trip. Enjoy lunching at the Fusion Grille. Most likely will run into you as I intend to join the Montana contingent also.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Not a chance!
    Cool! (8-)

Quote Originally Posted by okiegman View Post
    Sprawl,

Welcome to the club and the forum!

Hope to see you in Billings.

Thanks for being a member!
    Will be in Billings for certain and especially now that there will be some Airhead seminars.

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sprawl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Not a chance!
    Rocks, definitely rocks.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Rocks, definitely rocks.
    That's exactly what I suspected!!!