• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2002 RT Radio Installation

B

birglte

Hi All,

Just bought a used 2002 1150RT which is not radio 'ready'.

Can anybody tell me what it would take to get a radio installed? I am not interested in paying $795 for the stock radio.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Ted

birglte said:
Hi All,

Just bought a used 2002 1150RT which is not radio 'ready'.

Can anybody tell me what it would take to get a radio installed? I am not interested in paying $795 for the stock radio.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Ted

Satellite radio and an autocomm. It is all you need.

02RT Radio

I did it! And I have pictures to prove it. I found this site: http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1150rt/radio/. Mine was not a standard BMW factory radio. I bought ($200) a Clarion AF/FM/CD with remote. I posted my pictures on this forum some time ago. I did mine with fiber optics, but your installation should be about the same as snafu's. It is easy, once you know how.
Update: All in all, and after careful consideration, I would not do it again, or recommend it for anyone else. Problems. Trouble finding stations when going through cities, listening as well as one can with a full-face helmet, and at highway speed. I would go with and iPod and an earpiece.

My 02RT came prewired including speakers. IIRC you can use a wiring harness from a BMW 02 5 Series car.

Back