• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Central North Central PA Club?

Hello,

Having read several postings from members (Rockbottom, pffog, etc.) in and around PA about riding in the northern tier of PA, I'm curious about the support for a chartered club in this area. We have a plethora of sites for rides and restaurants for meetings. However, do we have the interest to support a club and what would the club want to do or be?

Comments?

Jon

I use to ride a lot there, actually live between Rochester and Buffalo, so I wouldn't be much support.

I use to ride a lot there, actually live between Rochester and Buffalo, so I wouldn't be much support.

I understand, but you've provided nice/glowing reviews of the roads.

BTW - according to Mika's daily news posting, Touratech is going to sponsor a Rally near Huntingdon, PA this summer. I'm guessing it's somewhere along PA26 near Raystown Lake.

Hello,

Having read several postings from members (Rockbottom, pffog, etc.) in and around PA about riding in the northern tier of PA, I'm curious about the support for a chartered club in this area. We have a plethora of sites for rides and restaurants for meetings. However, do we have the interest to support a club and what would the club want to do or be?

Comments?

Jon

I would be interested since I live in State College. I can speak with Craig Kissell to see if he's interested in sponsoring events and to get his opinion on viability.

I would be interested since I live in State College. I can speak with Craig Kissell to see if he's interested in sponsoring events and to get his opinion on viability.

He's tried events (demo rides) in the past.

What geographic area are you trying to pull from?

I would say the Altoona-State College-Williamsport area and north. Anyone interested from the Carlisle-Harrisburg area is more than welcome, but I didn't want to overlap with the Dutch Country Group.

I'm not in PA, nor have I ever lived there. However, both my parents were from Wilkes Barre and as a young person I spent many ha ppydays in eastern PA and NJ. I will be more than happy to host any of your potential members at our MT Outpost.

I'm not in PA, nor have I ever lived there. However, both my parents were from Wilkes Barre and as a young person I spent many ha ppydays in eastern PA and NJ. I will be more than happy to host any of your potential members at our MT Outpost.

Next, you'll tell me that you watched Miss Judy on HatchyMilatchy and the Dialing For Dollars movie on Channel 16.

You'll be a welcomed member:)

Now that brings back memories.

You're obviously not a native of So. PA?

Back in the day, Channel 16 barely made it to State College, if you were on cable. But, It always had the latest news from the Centralia Mine Fire.

Last edited:
I never thought of it but there isn't a chartered club that covered the big box made by the Turnpike, I 81, 219, and the NY line.

I never thought of it but there isn't a chartered club that covered the big box made by the Turnpike, I 81, 219, and the NY line.

The Black Diamonds club covers the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Region. So let's say US220 on the eastern border.

Yeah, will that's half I 81. But make Rt 15 the eastern boundary then!

That surrenders half of Lycoming county to the heathen barbarians from the east! I'm not sure I can accept that. :)

But, I do have to agree that US15 from Williamsport to Mansfield is one of the most enjoyable 4-lane roads in the northeast.

Back