Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Central North Central PA Club?

  1. #1
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236

    Central North Central PA Club?

    Hello,

    Having read several postings from members (Rockbottom, pffog, etc.) in and around PA about riding in the northern tier of PA, I'm curious about the support for a chartered club in this area. We have a plethora of sites for rides and restaurants for meetings. However, do we have the interest to support a club and what would the club want to do or be?

    Comments?

    Jon
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  2. #2
    Small road corner junkie pffog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Posts
    2,329
    I use to ride a lot there, actually live between Rochester and Buffalo, so I wouldn't be much support.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

  3. #3
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    I use to ride a lot there, actually live between Rochester and Buffalo, so I wouldn't be much support.
    I understand, but you've provided nice/glowing reviews of the roads.

    BTW - according to Mika's daily news posting, Touratech is going to sponsor a Rally near Huntingdon, PA this summer. I'm guessing it's somewhere along PA26 near Raystown Lake.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Hello,

    Having read several postings from members (Rockbottom, pffog, etc.) in and around PA about riding in the northern tier of PA, I'm curious about the support for a chartered club in this area. We have a plethora of sites for rides and restaurants for meetings. However, do we have the interest to support a club and what would the club want to do or be?

    Comments?

    Jon

    I would be interested since I live in State College. I can speak with Craig Kissell to see if he's interested in sponsoring events and to get his opinion on viability.
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R

  5. #5
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by 174713 View Post
    I would be interested since I live in State College. I can speak with Craig Kissell to see if he's interested in sponsoring events and to get his opinion on viability.
    He's tried events (demo rides) in the past.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  6. #6
    Schwetzt du aa Deitsch? deitscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    50

    +1 from Howard, PA

    I would support such an endeavor.
    Doug
    2009 F800ST

  7. #7
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by deitscher View Post
    I would support such an endeavor.
    Downtown Howard or the Burbs?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  8. #8
    Registered User sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Central Penna.
    Posts
    132
    What geographic area are you trying to pull from?

  9. #9
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    What geographic area are you trying to pull from?
    I would say the Altoona-State College-Williamsport area and north. Anyone interested from the Carlisle-Harrisburg area is more than welcome, but I didn't want to overlap with the Dutch Country Group.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  10. #10
    FUKENGRUVEN SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    THE BIG SKY
    Posts
    6,390
    I'm not in PA, nor have I ever lived there. However, both my parents were from Wilkes Barre and as a young person I spent many ha ppydays in eastern PA and NJ. I will be more than happy to host any of your potential members at our MT Outpost.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

  11. #11
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I'm not in PA, nor have I ever lived there. However, both my parents were from Wilkes Barre and as a young person I spent many ha ppydays in eastern PA and NJ. I will be more than happy to host any of your potential members at our MT Outpost.
    Next, you'll tell me that you watched Miss Judy on HatchyMilatchy and the Dialing For Dollars movie on Channel 16.

    You'll be a welcomed member
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  12. #12
    Registered User sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Central Penna.
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Next, you'll tell me that you watched Miss Judy on HatchyMilatchy and the Dialing For Dollars movie on Channel 16.

    You'll be a welcomed member
    Now that brings back memories.

  13. #13
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Now that brings back memories.
    You're obviously not a native of So. PA?

    Back in the day, Channel 16 barely made it to State College, if you were on cable. But, It always had the latest news from the Centralia Mine Fire.
    Last edited by 36654; 04-13-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  14. #14
    Schwetzt du aa Deitsch? deitscher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Downtown Howard or the Burbs?
    Right on the border.
    Doug
    2009 F800ST

  15. #15
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by deitscher View Post
    Right on the border.
    That's either in Sawyer's Lake or the Howard VFW......
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •