Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Building a workbench

Jim Bud

I really like a bench with drawers...

And I got tired of having to make do with no good drawers, inconvient electrical sonnections etc and having to rebuild every time I moved the bench, so I have decided it's cheapere in the long run to use something well made and strong that can be moved, especially when you can buy this stuff used...for about half of it's regular price...

you can find used Workplace workbenches in many places...

http://www.workplacesystemsinc.com/p1000.htm

this stuff is very tough, and will hold up a horse....or two...

I've been able to find nice conditions used stuff at equipment outlets that is bought from companies that have gone out of business...

teh drawer and door units are very well made....but do cost more than plywood and screws.....
    Jim Bud...

Don't forget your towel
    [/QUOTE]

This was like 3 three weeks ago....how goes the remodel?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sgborgstrom
    This was like 3 three weeks ago....how goes the remodel?

Steve[/QUOTE]

Got most of the crap cleaned up and on shelving. There's a big pile of debris in the driveway that needs to go to the dump because I haven't been home or have been busy.

There's a bunch of lumber hiding in the garage that needs to get stashed - somewhere.

I need to yank my old bench out so I can build a decent work bench in there now. The power tools will get relocated and all the chemicals will go in another set of shelves that will get put up in a couple weeks.

If I was ever home or ever had any extra time, it'd be done, but in the meanwhile, the VFR is out of the atrium and all the bikes are back indoors.

But the garage is still pretty cluttered with all the extra lumber and stuff in there.

Soon. Not this weekend, but definitely next.

And I bought shelving because it was sturdy, quick to assemble and relatively cheap. And it holds a ton of stuff.

Pictures when I get done.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.