• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Building a workbench

I like this guys garage......

garager1128098604.jpg

re: I Like This Guy's Garage

Why? There are NO vehicles, making it obvious that nothing greasy ever happens in there. It looks to me like his wife turned it into the "boys den" and his idea of vehicle maintenance involves a phone call and a credit card.

Now if there was a beer fridge in the photo plus a urinal in the corner, THAT would be cool.

That looks sharp

If it wasn't for the door opener you might think it's a family room.

And what's wrong with a phone and credit card for maintenance? I hope I can do that someday!

Dave
Just sell the bikes and start collecting something else, maybe toasters. They are not as heavy so you can buy some cheap shelving, are easy to store in boxes and you don't need to work on them so you don't need to worry about building a work bench. They don't go real fast but get excellent mileage so that should help offset the gas prices. The only drawback is you and Tina might look a little funny trying to ride two-up on a toaster. :stick

I really like a bench with drawers...

And I got tired of having to make do with no good drawers, inconvient electrical sonnections etc and having to rebuild every time I moved the bench, so I have decided it's cheapere in the long run to use something well made and strong that can be moved, especially when you can buy this stuff used...for about half of it's regular price...

you can find used Workplace workbenches in many places...

http://www.workplacesystemsinc.com/p1000.htm

this stuff is very tough, and will hold up a horse....or two...

I've been able to find nice conditions used stuff at equipment outlets that is bought from companies that have gone out of business...

teh drawer and door units are very well made....but do cost more than plywood and screws.....

sgborgstrom said:

This was like 3 three weeks ago....how goes the remodel?

Steve[/QUOTE]

Got most of the crap cleaned up and on shelving. There's a big pile of debris in the driveway that needs to go to the dump because I haven't been home or have been busy.

There's a bunch of lumber hiding in the garage that needs to get stashed - somewhere.

I need to yank my old bench out so I can build a decent work bench in there now. The power tools will get relocated and all the chemicals will go in another set of shelves that will get put up in a couple weeks.

If I was ever home or ever had any extra time, it'd be done, but in the meanwhile, the VFR is out of the atrium and all the bikes are back indoors.

But the garage is still pretty cluttered with all the extra lumber and stuff in there.

Soon. Not this weekend, but definitely next.

And I bought shelving because it was sturdy, quick to assemble and relatively cheap. :thumb And it holds a ton of stuff. :thumb :thumb

Pictures when I get done.

Back