• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kermit bags

Texpaul

Lost again
Anybody out there know what waterproofing product Kermit used in the bags he produced? Seemed to form a plastic like coating inside the bag.

Where do you get a Kermit Bag? Any other brands of waterproof bags recommended? New rider and new MOA member - thank you!

Where do you get a Kermit Bag? Any other brands of waterproof bags recommended? New rider and new MOA member - thank you!

Kermit doesn't make them anymore. There all all kinds of bags to be had, just do a search. Use what you like. The one thing about Kermit bags is that the zipper is not waterproof. You'll probably hear Kermit's name tossed about quite abit. He invented the Kermit chair that you see at rallies. I can't remember the guys name that bought the chair rights but he seems like a nice enough guy.

I own several of these bags and they are wonderful. As for the zipper not being waterproof, simply mount the bag with zipper on the bottom and problem solved. I have used mine many, many times with no problems. I do find the medium size is perfect, as the large is just too large, and the small is not waterproof at all ( so Kermit told me). The new owner of the chair company is Tom Sherrill. I do not know if he is making the bags or not, but he is a very nice guy.
(888) 729-9836 www.kermitchair.com

Last edited:
Go to the European Riders Rally in Burkesville,KY May 15th-17th , He and his wife should be there. Ask them. They might be at the Georgia Mountain Rally as well,May 1st-3rd. They have retired,but are great folks.:)

Just got a 20 liter "Seal Line" Baja Dry Bag with Amazon Prime today, for $20. It is 9"x16"
I'm not familiar with the Kermit bags so I cannot compare.
It is very similar(same brand) or an exact match (maybe a tad lighter material) to the one I bought 12-20 years ago and still use regularly. It is just a double/or more folding closure and if you pack it with the fold down so it doesn't collect water it will keep your stuff dry. If I pack a sleeping bag in it and I want to absolutely make sure that is will be dry, I put a plastic bag inside as insurance. The body is not going to leak, only place water can get in is the opening.
I will almost guarantee that I paid more for it years ago.
Charlie

I will do a search, but replies offering first-hand experience with bags would be most welcome.

Wolfman Luggage makes some great gear.
Small USA (CO) company. See their website; call them up- a human will actually answer. They make all (or certainly most) of their stuff in house.
High quality kit, theirs.

Zipper close dry bags

Any dry bags out that close by zipper have attached tie down loops etc. have tried roll top types they suck IMHO. I saw one of the Kermit bags something like that would be nice so dredging up old thread hoping for suggestions for equivalent ( to old Kermit)new bag

I guess my Kermit is really old, as I have a folding flap to close the bag and no zipper at all... :scratch
Then again I picked mine up at the Spokane National in '04 and both chair and bag are in excellent condition.

Mosko Moto is making some of the best gear in the world right now. Super bomber. Their Nomad tank bag I’m running on 3 bikes is excellent.
http://https://moskomoto.com

I’ve been running Ortlieb roll top panniers and duffel for over 10 years, never a drop of water. Very well made and super light. Their motorcycle line is now sold through Touratech. 5 year warranty when I bought mine. I’ll be hitting the road with it again in a week and a half:drink
IMG_0505-S.jpg

I'm still using my Helen2Wheels bags. After several decades of ownership and use, they remain waterproof (latest rain test was returning home from recent Square Route Rally!)

The clothes bags have a roll-top and come in a couple of sizes. I find the large size to have more than enough space for one-up travel.

Helen (aka Linda Hedden) sold her business a few years back. The bags are currently available from -

https://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/13268/Helen_Twowheels_Clothes_Sacks

Mosko Moto is making some of the best gear in the world right now.

+1 . I am using both their 25L "Scout" and 35L "Backcountry" panniers which have roll-top dry bags, and their roll-top duffels on a R1200GSA. The smaller "Scouts" are great for close-to-home runnin' 'round; the larger "Backcountrys" for expeditionary volume kit. Smart stuff well made. No zippers to fail, leak, jam, etc.

https://moskomoto.com/collections/motorcycle-luggage

agree

+1

I'm still using my Helen2Wheels bags. After several decades of ownership and use, they remain waterproof (latest rain test was returning home from recent Square Route Rally!)

The clothes bags have a roll-top and come in a couple of sizes. I find the large size to have more than enough space for one-up travel.

Helen (aka Linda Hedden) sold her business a few years back. The bags are currently available from -

https://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/13268/Helen_Twowheels_Clothes_Sacks

Back