• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ilium Engine guards with pegs and light bracket

Highway pegs

I've had the bars and pegs on since new. They're a little higher than I would like but work as advertised! Never have scraped highway but have been on foot peg feelers a few times! Check out www.thebootscoop.com when you get highway pegs. Little.thing works great for some air to the boys!!!!

Just brought home a new 2018 RT and looking for engine guards and hwy pegs. Really like the Ilum Works setup but can't find pictures of the rider on the bike with feet on the hwy pegs. It appears that the pegs are located too far forward for my 32" inseam.

I have a set on my 2016RT, a 30" inseam & have no reach issues.

My .o2

93c4df591748b268b951bbdbc81be33c.jpg

As soon as I tried the pegs I thought they were too high and too far forward. But after using them on some trips - the reach was just enough to stretch the muscles and extend my day.

I've had the bars and pegs on since new. They're a little higher than I would like but work as advertised! Never have scraped highway but have been on foot peg feelers a few times! Check out www.thebootscoop.com when you get highway pegs. Little.thing works great for some air to the boys!!!!

I have a set on my 2016RT, a 30" inseam & have no reach issues.

My .o2

I bought a '17 RT new this year. Put Illium engine guards on it.

I will not be putting highway pegs on. On a boxer, it's very hard to make pegs that really do much good. Also saw friend go down when his highway peg dug into the pavement on a hard turn and lifted his wheel off the ground. That was not a fun afternoon! I've not found them to be that comfortable. If a bee flies up your pants leg, you'll rue the day!

Just put on Illium bar-backs. They really help. I have a Sargent seat. It favors sitting back in the seat rather than at the front of it. Now I can sit back into it without crouching forward to reach the bars. This morning, I drove from Chicago to St. Louis. One stop for gas and a sandwich. Much easier than before. Heading to Potosi to hit some curves tomorrow. I think these bar-backs will be just fine for that too.

Lower pegs are OK for riding straight but don't feel right in turns for me. Also too easy to scrape boots.

If you still have the stock windscreen, an Aeroflow "Tall" will do wonders.

Since I got the Illium Bar-Backs, I'm going to have to move my V-1 readout. It's just below the right side mirror and completely hidden from view now. The view through the mirrors is unaffected by the bar-backs. I like them even if they look a little strange.

I regret not getting black engine guards. Sigh.

:beer

93c4df591748b268b951bbdbc81be33c.jpg

As soon as I tried the pegs I thought they were too high and too far forward. But after using them on some trips - the reach was just enough to stretch the muscles and extend my day.

Thanks for all the info! I will be placing my order in the near future. I'm hoping they offer some sort of "Black Friday" deal, maybe free shipping?
My main issue is with my knees. Years of riding off road with 3" suspension and 30+ years of standing on concrete floors has taken a toll. I just require the option to straighten out my legs periodically.

Just brought home a new 2018 RT and looking for engine guards and hwy pegs. Really like the Ilum Works setup but can't find pictures of the rider on the bike with feet on the hwy pegs. It appears that the pegs are located too far forward for my 32" inseam.

I have them and to be honest I only use them one leg at a time....It just feels more comfortable to me to use them that way. I have the Jpegs on my LT and I use them the same way

30" inseam here

I just had the BMW LED's installed on the Ilium bars, I also don't have an issue with reach with the highway pegs.bme lights 2.JPG

Back