• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Another motorrad engineer got his wings today! Ursula turned 100,000 miles today.

Reece,

Congratulations!

It would be interesting to see what your total investment was to ride an R1200RT 100,000 miles. Did you buy it new? Do you have the records needed to complile the cost in tires, oil, filters, maintenance charges, etc? I remember Paul did something like this for Voni's "Big Red" when she was at 350,000 miles or so; it was very interesting to read.

You remind me of an accountant friend who kept track of every penny she spent. By category.

BUT, never motorcycle costs. She knew that was priceless.

Voni
sMiling

You remind me of an accountant friend who kept track of every penny she spent. By category.

BUT, never motorcycle costs. She knew that was priceless.

Voni
sMiling

Ha! And, you remind me of a professional race driver who rides the snot out of her bike and then hands it over to her highly skilled and dedicated mechanic and parts person to get ready while she takes a fresh ride out for more sMiles. It seems like the perfect arrangement that has resulted in many motorrad engineers getting their bells.:thumb

OOO-RAH!

I keep all of the receipts in a spiral-bound notebook... but I've never added them up...

Reece,

Congratulations!

It would be interesting to see what your total investment was to ride an R1200RT 100,000 miles. Did you buy it new? Do you have the records needed to complile the cost in tires, oil, filters, maintenance charges, etc? I remember Paul did something like this for Voni's "Big Red" when she was at 350,000 miles or so; it was very interesting to read.

LIKE!

Congrats. Hope she keeps running well for many years/miles to come.

Yes actually I have every penny I ever spent on her document, even most of the fill ups. Problem is it wouldn't be accurate. I spend more on the bike than I have to. I "pay it forward". For example a couple of years ago, Rhonda got me new chrome pipes for my birthday, didn't need new pipes, but I sure love the chrome over Steele. So I would probably come out way behind on the cost per mile analasys, but the upside is, people's jaw drop when they realize my bike is an '05 with 6 figures on the odometer. Jay Leno and I have one thing in common, every time we throw a leg over a beemer its show room quality new, I just don't have a staff on retainer to make that happen.

Scot, like your RT Ursula came out of that Honolulu store, original owner was Bill Maxwell MOA life member. He sold her to me with 23,000 miles on her in '08 for $12,000.

Wings, Kevin, not bells.
They get their wings when a bell rings.
It is, I believe a reference to Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life. One of the great ones from the old Hollywood era.
dc

Scot, like your RT Ursula came out of that Honolulu store, original owner was Bill Maxwell MOA life member. He sold her to me with 23,000 miles on her in '08 for $12,000.

Unfortunately I could not give the local dealer my business...I tried but they couldn't get me a chassis when they didn't have one in stock. Instead they helped locate one equipped the way I wanted and I contacted the dealer (BMW Escondido) and made the arrangements. Since then, I have given the local shop as much of my business possible to ensure they continue supporting the brand.

The shop occasionally has used RT's but I wanted a new one since this was my first BMW, I preferred to have the warranty intact.

Scot,
On another thread the conversation is the mileage contest. Hawaii has one entrant, Danny Graham on an '06 RT. I thought maybe that was you. At 22,436 miles that's a lot of laps around oahu. April 11th, record that odometer reading.... You know you want to.

Last edited:
Do you think they saw the film before they made that ad?
dc

Is there anyone on space ship earth over 20 that hasn't? Actually, when I think about it there's a whole demographic of people that haven't, but let's pretend everyone has seen it. And yes, I think the add was a direct reference to Clarance the angel from its a wonderful life. I miss General James Stewart, he was one of my heroes.

Back