• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I know it's there but...

jamesevans

I know there's an old thread about connecting a GPS via the plug by the steering head on 2005-2009 r1200 RT : but the new improved forum has done away with all the old threads. When I search for" GPS connection" I get links to threads on lubing splines and stuff. aaaargh! Once again, can someone tell me the position of the plug, how to identify it, and the name of the cable that attaches to it? Thank you
BTW, we had another 10cm of snow last night here on Prince Edward Island. I have taken to sitting on my bike with a motorcycling YouTube on my Ipad going broom- broom.

I know there's an old thread about connecting a GPS via the plug by the steering head on 2005-2009 r1200 RT : but the new improved forum has done away with all the old threads. When I search for" GPS connection" I get links to threads on lubing splines and stuff. aaaargh! Once again, can someone tell me the position of the plug, how to identify it, and the name of the cable that attaches to it? Thank you
BTW, we had another 10cm of snow last night here on Prince Edward Island. I have taken to sitting on my bike with a motorcycling YouTube on my Ipad going broom- broom.

Not sure why you think threads were "done away with" :scratch
Try-
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?73513-2008-RT-GPS-Wiring-Options&highlight=gps+connector
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...S-Outlet-power-output&highlight=gps+connector
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-install-2006-R1200RT&highlight=gps+connector

There are a pile of them. I found these by entering "GPS" and "CONNECTOR" in the search box.
Good Luck.
OM

2246 results probably qualifies as a pile of them. I think their frustration in having to search through so many that obviously don't include both of those terms is understandable.

Thanks, chaps. I guess because I didn't find anything resembling my search term I thought it wasn't there. I notice a search for just " gps" returns no hits at all!
Anyway, thanks for your help. Yes, PEI is NOT the place for spring riding this year- we haven't even got to pothole season yet!

2246 results probably qualifies as a pile of them. I think their frustration in having to search through so many that obviously don't include both of those terms is understandable.
All of those threads that show have either gps or connector in them. If one is to search using the in forum Tag Cloud System (click for the BOF), the term GPS, the return is 24 threads.
There are a lot of complaints about the search function but I see it as something that needs to be "loaded". The Tag cloud is one way of doing this.
I guess it's like trying to look up a word you don't know how to spell in the dictionary, you need a little bit to get you going- pointed in the right direction.
OM

Have considered a visit to Tony's Tuna to chase bluefins though at this stage in my life they might get the better of me. This year settled for chasing sails off Isla Mujeres instead.

Back