• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Pineville, Kentucky -- 9.11 - 9.12.2015

Booked!

We just made our reservation for the King room at the lodge coming in a day early on the 10th. If anyone else is also arriving on the 10th please post up and maybe we can get together for dinner or something :drink:eat

I plan to spend some time in the area in the next couple of weeks doing some route planning..

Cumberland Falls is close by.
Cumberland_Falls.JPG

IMG_0135.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6f09226b1dde63d4!6m1!1e1

Spent the day exploring the area, making some notes on potential routes, and checking out some things that might make the list of things to do. I can tell you that there are miles and miles of beautiful curvy mountain roads of Sheer Riding Pleasure. I can also tell you I discovered a section with about 60 miles between gas stations. I learned this when I had about half a gallon left. Gotta love coasting into a gas station. This won't be a problem for anyone smart enough not to leave the event site with only 3/4 of a gallon of fuel. Ha! There's plenty of fuel in Pineville, so there's no need to repeat my experience.

I can't wait for Sept so you all can see these roads.

Good food!

In case anyone likes vegan food there is a really good restaurant in Jellico TN called Sweat Pea Garden Pantry. Service is a little slow but the food is fantastic! My wife and I ate there this spring on our way to Ride Royal Blue. Right on the TN-Ky line.

Rooms

I called today and was told no more rooms.
What is a suggested area to stay Friday and Saturday night?

Try Middlesborough, about 12 miles south of Pineville. The SleepInn. I had a room there until Mossy_Crk helped me get a room at Pinevile. When I called them they were very nice.

Share lodging

Hi there, MOAs, I just wanted to let you all know that I am your most recent registrant for the trip to Kentucky. Before I rent a room and all that, I would like to see if anyone wants to share a room or camp or if there's a group house or anything like that. Why not ask, right? Otherwise, I'll happily rent my own room.

Also, is there going to be a a caravan heading down to KY from Metro Washington/DC/VA/MD? It would be fun to head there is a pack I can join up and ride with.

Cheers & thanks in advance.

Chris,

I just PM'd you.

2 bedroom cabin is still available as of this morning.
I'd be up for sharing with you or someone else.

I'll be coming from Asheville, NC.

Doug

Chris, I just PM'd you. 2 bedroom cabin is still available as of this morning. I'd be up for sharing with you or someone else. I'll be coming from Asheville, NC.
Hi Doug, I am game. I am also game if you'd like to ride together. I am assuming that Ashville, NC, isn't too far out of the way from me in Arlington, VA -- sort of maybe en route (I should probably check a map). Thanks for thinking of me, I'm game. Let me know how to proceed.

I'm coming too! from CT:)

Don't be turned off by thinking there are no rooms available. I just booked a cottage as well. Maybe there are people that have backed out.

I plan on heading out from CT early on the 10th thru NY turning south at sometime through western PA, then heading to KY. I'm planning on full day rides on non interstate roads.

I'm riding back up there later this week. I'll shift my focus from route recce to finding and reviewing some campgrounds. May take a couple of trips. I'll post back soon.

Last edited:
Back