• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Pineville, Kentucky -- 9.11 - 9.12.2015

Howdy folks!

I'm part of the planning team for the Pine Mountain Getaway. Nancy, Bill, and I along with the National Office are really excited to host you all this fall. The local club is hard at work building routes, making lists of the best places to eat, and finding hidden gems to share. Don't hesitate to register for this one. It's going to be a great weekend and I hope to see you there.

Gabe

edit:
Important Announcement

Hey everyone,

Reservations CANNOT be done on the Pine Mountain website. If you go to the park reservation website it will look like all the rooms are taken, because we have them blocked out. You must call the lodge front desk at 606-337-3066 and tell them they are with the BMW MOA Get-a-Way weekend.

Last edited:
IIRC the Kentucky State Record Elk taken by bow hangs in that lodge.

Camping with RV

Howdy folks!

I'm part of the planning team for the Pine Mountain Getaway. Nancy, Bill, and I along with the National Office are really excited to host you all this fall. The local club is hard at work building routes, making lists of the best places to eat, and finding hidden gems to share. Don't hesitate to register for this one. It's going to be a great weekend and I hope to see you there.

Gabe

Gabe

Planning on attending. I think it would be OK to come with out RV and camp. Just wanted to check.

Unfortunately there are no camping or RV sites. Pine Mountain does have cabin/lodge room style accommodations. I think of this Getaway site as a hotel rally as an alternative to camping rallies that many are more used to. Depending on weather, I plan to spend some time in the area in the next couple of weeks doing some route planning. I can see what is available nearby but would strongly recommend staying on site.

Sara and I will be attending this event....looking forward to riding some different roads and exploring new scenery :thumb

Just registered!

Hi there, MOAs, I just wanted to let you all know that I am your most recent registrant for the trip to Kentucky. Before I rent a room and all that, I would like to see if anyone wants to share a room or camp or if there's a group house or anything like that. Why not ask, right? Otherwise, I'll happily rent my own room.

Also, is there going to be a a caravan heading down to KY from Metro Washington/DC/VA/MD? It would be fun to head there is a pack I can join up and ride with.

Cheers & thanks in advance.

Hi there, MOAs, I just wanted to let you all know that I am your most recent registrant for the trip to Kentucky. Before I rent a room and all that, I would like to see if anyone wants to share a room or camp or if there's a group house or anything like that. Why not ask, right? Otherwise, I'll happily rent my own room.

Also, is there going to be a a caravan heading down to KY from Metro Washington/DC/VA/MD? It would be fun to head there is a pack I can join up and ride with.

Cheers & thanks in advance.

:thumb

My first MOA event!

Looking forward to my first MOA event! Just retired Dec 2014 and now I can play! Coming from Elwood IN.

Important Announcement

Hey everyone,

Reservations CANNOT be done on the Pine Mountain website. If you go to the park reservation website it will look like all the rooms are taken, because we have them blocked out. You must call the lodge front desk at 606-337-3066 and tell them they are with the BMW MOA Get-a-Way weekend.

Rooms are filling up fast. As of last count (early today) there are still 27 accommodations available in our reserved block: 7 cottages ( 2 bedrooms & pull out couch); 6 one bedroom cabins and 14 rooms ( 1 king, 1 queen, 12 with 2 full beds). Don't delay in calling the park.

See you soon!!

No rooms

I called the front desk and they said the last room was taken yesterday. I had to stay in Middlesbourough.

Call them back and make sure they know you are with the MOA. If there are any problems, ask to speak with Melissa. She's aware of the confusion on her staff's part and can help you out.

Pine Mtn

I called Pine Mtn Thurs at 9:10 am and the guy I talked to said no Melissa works there and they have no rooms available for sept 11 and 12. I already made a reservation in Middlesboro.

Pine Mtn.

I called the number you gave me(6063373066) and the guy I talked to said no Melissa works there and they don't have any rooms for sept 11 & 12th. I have a reservation in Middlesboro.

Thank you. Knowing which number allows me to focus on the section that is having the problem. I'm sorry you've had such a run around.

Last edited:
Success

Good news, I tried one more time at Pine Mtn. And I now have a room at the State Park! Thanks for your support!

Back