• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho -- 9.11 - 9.13.2015

Beginer ADV Rides

I live in Spokane and have been sniffing around the area for a few years this summer. There are lots of good GS routes in and around here. There are plenty of routes too challenging for me, but also some very good, very easy routes that take you through some beautiful and interesting country. I started with the Idaho Butler map and branched out from there. If you stick to pavement, you won't be disappointed either. The big surprise may be just how diverse the scenery is. Everything from tight mountain canyons to wide open heavily rolling prairies. I find the best scenery is the areas where these two distinctly different landscapes meet and intermingle. I hope I can join you for the day. I'll see if I can post some pics.

Milwaukee Road

Here is a fun spot I found in the mountains. The Forest Service road follows an old railroad grade and uses some of the old trestles and tunnels. It's a fun and interesting route that's gravel and dirt, but really very easy.
Tunnel 3.jpg

Don't be intimidated by the picture. Gravity works fine here.

Here is a fun spot I found in the mountains. The Forest Service road follows an old railroad grade and uses some of the old trestles and tunnels. It's a fun and interesting route that's gravel and dirt, but really very easy.
View attachment 50685

Don't be intimidated by the picture. Gravity works fine here.

Is that near a place called Wallace?

Bump....There are still spaces available for this great new Getaway location!

If you haven't experienced an MOA Getaway, don't miss the upcoming weekend event in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It is the perfect weekend escape to ride great roads, share stories with friends or just relax and enjoy the best of Idaho. There will be plenty to do and fantastic roads to ride. And, there is still time left to register!
It all happens in just a few weeks - September 11 - 13. Friday night will be a special reception for MOA members and guests. On Saturday, relax beside Lake Coeur d'Alene, explore the Coeur d'Alene National Forest or take in the scenery on two wheels. Saturday night will be filled with dinner, door prizes and good times. Sunday you can find a new route home or continue to explore the best of the northwest!

The event fee is only $89 per person and includes the Friday reception, Saturday night dinner, a cool MOA Getaway t-shirt along with a special gift at check-in. Rumor is there will be plenty of door prizes and a chance to win a BMW Performance Center Off Road Training day! REGISTER ONLINE https://bmwmoafoundation.webconnex.com/2015idaho or call the MOA office directly at 636-394-7277.
So drop your weekend clothes in the saddlebag, grab a friend and head for Idaho. We’ll see you in Coeur d'Alene!

You know you want to...so register today!

The BMW rate at the hotel ended last week but Red Lion gave me the same rate over the phone anyway. As a bonus, the hotel has a pretty decent rating on most travel sites.

A short note to thank Jackie and Chris for their time and hard work to organize the Idaho weekend. The weather was great... we were fed, we found some wonderful roads to ride and we had the opportunity to meet other like minded riders. Great event..! Thanks again

Back