• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Eureka Springs, Arkansas -- 8.21 - 8.23.2015

Folks will arrive throughout the afternoon. A social hour around the pool will begin at 6:00 PM followed by a cookout at 7:00 PM. Socializing continues after the meal...

Saturday you can ride, relax, explore Eureka Springs, or what ever you choose to do. At 6:00 PM there is a social hour, followed by a buffet dinner at 7:00 PM, then a short program including lots of door prizes. And more socializing.

Thank you, Chuck. That's great information. I'm really looking forward to this.

Kris Hicks-Green

Still time to register and get in on the fun...looking forward to seeing everyone on August 21st! Enjoy the twisty roads on your way to Eureka Springs!

Can't make it--can I have my t-shirt sent to me?

Hello, get-away organizers:

I'm crushed to find that I can't make the Eureka Springs Rally this year; the weekend happens to be my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and I have to count my blessings that they're still here and together. As a result, I'll be flying to Florida instead of hitting the Ozark twisties.

I don't expect a refund, but would it be possible to have my t-shirt sent to me at my home address?

Thanks for your consideration!

Kris Hicks-Green
Austin TX

Ride route some of us plan to take

Here is a great 200 mile loop if anyone wants to ride it Saturday, a group of us will be leaving at 7:30 am from the hotel parking lot. Mike, Ebony 15 RT with Clearwater lights on the front and tag Lngrdr.

Attachments

• Arkansas Day Ride 8-22.GPX
    348.7 KB · Views: 24
Hello, get-away organizers:

I'm crushed to find that I can't make the Eureka Springs Rally this year; the weekend happens to be my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and I have to count my blessings that they're still here and together. As a result, I'll be flying to Florida instead of hitting the Ozark twisties.

I don't expect a refund, but would it be possible to have my t-shirt sent to me at my home address?

Thanks for your consideration!

Kris Hicks-Green
Austin TX

Kris,

I sent you a PM. Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Will anyone be riding any off-road trails

Howdy MOA,
Will anyone be riding any off-road trails? I am looking for some folks that want to explore the dirty side of Arkansas.

Yes there will be GS rides, BUT, like all of the suggested rides you must arrange your own riding companions. MOA will provide ride routes - not guides.

"Yeeha" Stephen and Miss Vicki made it home to DFW safe 'n sound!

(Even though my bike's dash thermometer says 99 degrees rolling down the street to my house. Ugggh!)

Our first "Getaway" and it was pretty fun I must say. Didn't hurt that it was on familiar ground since Eureka Springs is one of our favorite haunts.
I even won the very first Door Prize of the evening - a very nice MOA Polo type shirt. (thanks!)
Met some really friendly folks. And some that didn't even try to talk your ear off! Amazing.

Thanks to everyone that put it together and those that showed up to make it work. I was amazed at the variety of State plates on the motorcycles.

I need the person that ordered the weather to give me your Direct Dial number for Mother Nature. I almost didn't sign up when I saw the date for the Getaway. ES Arkansas in August? Are they nuts?!
Well, I don't think I've ever seen better August weather for Southern riding. It was awesome. 70s and low 80s all weekend long!

Leaving for home we dodged all the thunderstorms that were piling up around Ft Smith AR this morning. We waited till about 10am, headed West to Muskogee OK, and South to DFW and missed ALL the rain! Ha! Rode right around it we did.

Anyway, if the Getaway happens again in ES, the weather chairperson better come up with the same weather or better, or you'll be in Baaaaaad trouble. Just sayin'.

(btw - sorry the Pig Trail was closed due to a land slide - you out-of-towners have to come back and try that road!)

Glad you had a good time "Yeeha" and thanks for your support of the event. The weather is of course always in question but we did luck out (or maybe it was Chuck that got it ordered that way?). Cooler temps and lower humidity were certainly welcomed after the heat of the last couple of months. I was concerned on Saturday the ride day about the high chance of rain but all in all it worked out well...I only got soaked once. Even on Sunday I delayed my departure until 10A and even though I was heading southeast with the front, I made it home to central AL about 8:30P a mere 550 miles.

It was a fun event. We think that location and the property worked well for us. We are working on the 2016 event schedule now, so stay tuned...we just might return to ES next year along with some other really cool locations around the country!

Ride safe and thanks for being a member!

Vance, glad you had a good ride up to Eureka Springs, hope to get over to Harrison for the RA National.

First Getaway and we will be back! Good times!

I attended my first BMW MOA Getaway at Eureka Springs and it was a great experience. The weather was amazing (Big Surprise) as it can be very warm up there this time of year. Everyone was very warm and friendly and I got to kick tires with new friends. That is one reason I attend these events. It was a great time. The riding is great in that area. We are lucky to live so close to the area. We get to experience those great roads 2-3 times a year. I hope that all of you that had not been in the area before, got to enjoy all of those fantastic roads. I know we will be back. I am hoping that the Getaway returns next year to the Springs. I have decided to join the MOA and will be trying to attend more of the Getaways in 2016. Thanks again to everyone for making the two "Kawasaki" guys feel very comfortable.

You can read my ride report from the weekend here:
http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2015/08/bmw-moa-getaway-weekend-eureka-springs.html

IMG_4509-L.jpg

IMG_4494-L.jpg

IMG_4486-L.jpg

Take care and Ride safe

Jerry James

Back