Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MOA Getaway - Eureka Springs, Arkansas -- 8.21 - 8.23.2015

Maybe the roads will be swept up by the time we get there. Our little pre-ride was kinda wet.

The Pig Trail (the fun part) just south of Eureka Springs washed out and is closed for repairs. Hopefully done by August.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1200RT, R1200R, (R1150RT = Donated To Charity)
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

Yeeha! Stephen
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

THANKS for all the great info, YeehStephen!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

Itinerary - What time should I plan to show on Friday?

Hello:

This will be my first BMW MOA event. How early on Friday can I expect folks to be rolling in, and activities (such as they are) to kick off? Or are these more of a simple social gathering without scheduled events, particularly on Friday?

Thanks!

Kris Hicks-Green
    kristopher.green@gmail.com
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by olyoop View Post
    Hello:

This will be my first BMW MOA event. How early on Friday can I expect folks to be rolling in, and activities (such as they are) to kick off? Or are these more of a simple social gathering without scheduled events, particularly on Friday?

Thanks!

Kris Hicks-Green
    kristopher.green@gmail.com
    Austin TX
    Folks will arrive throughout the afternoon. A social hour around the pool will begin at 6:00 PM followed by a cookout at 7:00 PM. Socializing continues after the meal...

Saturday you can ride, relax, explore Eureka Springs, or what ever you choose to do. At 6:00 PM there is a social hour, followed by a buffet dinner at 7:00 PM, then a short program including lots of door prizes. And more socializing.
    Chuck Manley #12106

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Folks will arrive throughout the afternoon. A social hour around the pool will begin at 6:00 PM followed by a cookout at 7:00 PM. Socializing continues after the meal...

Saturday you can ride, relax, explore Eureka Springs, or what ever you choose to do. At 6:00 PM there is a social hour, followed by a buffet dinner at 7:00 PM, then a short program including lots of door prizes. And more socializing.
    Thank you, Chuck. That's great information. I'm really looking forward to this.

Kris Hicks-Green

Still time to register and get in on the fun...looking forward to seeing everyone on August 21st! Enjoy the twisty roads on your way to Eureka Springs!
    Chuck Manley #12106

Can't make it--can I have my t-shirt sent to me?

Hello, get-away organizers:

I'm crushed to find that I can't make the Eureka Springs Rally this year; the weekend happens to be my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and I have to count my blessings that they're still here and together. As a result, I'll be flying to Florida instead of hitting the Ozark twisties.

I don't expect a refund, but would it be possible to have my t-shirt sent to me at my home address?

Thanks for your consideration!

Kris Hicks-Green
    Austin TX

Ride route some of us plan to take

Here is a great 200 mile loop if anyone wants to ride it Saturday, a group of us will be leaving at 7:30 am from the hotel parking lot. Mike, Ebony 15 RT with Clearwater lights on the front and tag Lngrdr.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by olyoop View Post
    Hello, get-away organizers:

I'm crushed to find that I can't make the Eureka Springs Rally this year; the weekend happens to be my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and I have to count my blessings that they're still here and together. As a result, I'll be flying to Florida instead of hitting the Ozark twisties.

I don't expect a refund, but would it be possible to have my t-shirt sent to me at my home address?

Thanks for your consideration!

Kris Hicks-Green
    Austin TX
    Kris,

I sent you a PM. Happy Anniversary to your parents!
    Chuck Manley #12106

Will anyone be riding any off-road trails

Howdy MOA,
    Will anyone be riding any off-road trails? I am looking for some folks that want to explore the dirty side of Arkansas.

Yes there will be GS rides, BUT, like all of the suggested rides you must arrange your own riding companions. MOA will provide ride routes - not guides.
    Chuck Manley #12106

EVENT SOLD OUT!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday. Enjoy your ride to Eureka Springs!
    Chuck Manley #12106

"Yeeha" Stephen and Miss Vicki made it home to DFW safe 'n sound!

(Even though my bike's dash thermometer says 99 degrees rolling down the street to my house. Ugggh!)

Our first "Getaway" and it was pretty fun I must say. Didn't hurt that it was on familiar ground since Eureka Springs is one of our favorite haunts.
    I even won the very first Door Prize of the evening - a very nice MOA Polo type shirt. (thanks!)
    Met some really friendly folks. And some that didn't even try to talk your ear off! Amazing.

Thanks to everyone that put it together and those that showed up to make it work. I was amazed at the variety of State plates on the motorcycles.

I need the person that ordered the weather to give me your Direct Dial number for Mother Nature. I almost didn't sign up when I saw the date for the Getaway. ES Arkansas in August? Are they nuts?!
    Well, I don't think I've ever seen better August weather for Southern riding. It was awesome. 70s and low 80s all weekend long!

Leaving for home we dodged all the thunderstorms that were piling up around Ft Smith AR this morning. We waited till about 10am, headed West to Muskogee OK, and South to DFW and missed ALL the rain! Ha! Rode right around it we did.

Anyway, if the Getaway happens again in ES, the weather chairperson better come up with the same weather or better, or you'll be in Baaaaaad trouble. Just sayin'.

(btw - sorry the Pig Trail was closed due to a land slide - you out-of-towners have to come back and try that road!)
    Yeeha! Stephen

Glad you had a good time "Yeeha" and thanks for your support of the event. The weather is of course always in question but we did luck out (or maybe it was Chuck that got it ordered that way?). Cooler temps and lower humidity were certainly welcomed after the heat of the last couple of months. I was concerned on Saturday the ride day about the high chance of rain but all in all it worked out well...I only got soaked once. Even on Sunday I delayed my departure until 10A and even though I was heading southeast with the front, I made it home to central AL about 8:30P a mere 550 miles.

It was a fun event. We think that location and the property worked well for us. We are working on the 2016 event schedule now, so stay tuned...we just might return to ES next year along with some other really cool locations around the country!

Ride safe and thanks for being a member!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"