• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW dealerships, done right

Ride Carolina - Greensboro NC - Excellent Dealer

Just came across this post and wanted to add to it. I've had nothing but excellent service form the guys at Carolina Euro in Greensboro NC. They've always gone out of their way to help me. Paul, Jason, Oz and the guys provide excellent sales and service support and are competitive on everything they sell. They also have an online parts fiche that you can actually purchase parts through. Overall a very competent dealer that has been around for many years.

Great to work with

Just came across this post and wanted to add to it. I've had nothing but excellent service form the guys at Carolina Euro in Greensboro NC. They've always gone out of their way to help me. Paul, Jason, Oz and the guys provide excellent sales and service support and are competitive on everything they sell. They also have an online parts fiche that you can actually purchase parts through. Overall a very competent dealer that has been around for many years.

I concur. I am the Regional Rep for BMWRA and they are always helpful in getting the word out to the BMW community whenever I contact them with event information.

I concur. I am the Regional Rep for BMWRA and they are always helpful in getting the word out to the BMW community whenever I contact them with event information.

Would be my pleasure to do the same, PM me if interested and I'll shoot you my email.

Sent

Thanks Greg. I was at your shop last year and talked to the ladies upstairs with the cute pups. Kent Skoug was your former Rep; I came by after he crashed and died to make sure there was enough literature in your shop. I am due to make another visit.

Thanks Greg. I was at your shop last year and talked to the ladies upstairs with the cute pups. Kent Skoug was your former Rep; I came by after he crashed and died to make sure there was enough literature in your shop. I am due to make another visit.

Perhaps it is just me, but I do believe this statement needs further qualification...so as not to cast this Forum in the wrong light. LOL!

Pups, huh??

Looks like BMW dealerships are going through another metamorphous, and adding BMW as a sideline seems to be a growing trend. BMW of Austin recently sold to Woods. Now, you find the BMWs in the south corner of the building that houses mostly Can-Am, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Seadoo, Suzuki, Yamaha and Triumph. I went there recently for service and a recall and was happy to find that a lot of the folks from the old dealership are now employed at Woods. Although there is no longer a large TV to watch while you wait on your bike, it’s probably a plus for my health that they no longer have donuts – they do have plenty of coffee and a nice couch. But, I’m happy to say they did an excellent job working on the bike, and the Dealership called me after the work to make sure I was pleased. Wow!!! Just knowing that someone cared enough to call made me made me feel much more comfortable about the new dealer. I’m hoping BMW is being very careful about these changes. I know one of the things I seriously consider when buying a bike is the availability of a good dealership. Having a great bike doesn’t make a lot of difference if the mechanic thinks a torque wrench is optional.

I’ve tried the San Antonio dealership on numerous occasions and was generally disappointed. I suspect they spend too much time on go-carts and old cars (they sell, repair and have a go-cart track at the dealership and repair exotic cars) at the expense of their BMW service department. On one occasion, I had to have my bike towed back to the dealership the day after picking it up in order to have their repair repaired (no abs after having final drive replaced). On another occasion, I got my bike back to the house to find they forgot to reattach some of the screws that hold the fairing on the frame.
E.

I’ve tried the San Antonio dealership on numerous occasions and was generally disappointed. I suspect they spend too much time on go-carts and old cars (they sell, repair and have a go-cart track at the dealership and repair exotic cars) at the expense of their BMW service department. On one occasion, I had to have my bike towed back to the dealership the day after picking it up in order to have their repair repaired (no abs after having final drive replaced). On another occasion, I got my bike back to the house to find they forgot to reattach some of the screws that hold the fairing on the frame.
E.

Did you follow up with them?

Did you follow up with them?

Absolutely, I got apologies and a promise to fix the abs. The abs was fixed and all seemed to be ok. Then later, I took the bike back for routine service. After getting back to the house I found a number of the screws missing. Once again I got the same apologies from the same service staff. This process repeated itself so I finally started going to Austin BMW. It's a longer ride, but it gives me the chance to visit with some of my "weird" friends. (You have to love Austin.)

E.

Absolutely, I got apologies and a promise to fix the abs. The abs was fixed and all seemed to be ok. Then later, I took the bike back for routine service. After getting back to the house I found a number of the screws missing. Once again I got the same apologies from the same service staff. This process repeated itself so I finally started going to Austin BMW. It's a longer ride, but it gives me the chance to visit with some of my "weird" friends. (You have to love Austin.)

E.

Never been to Austin.

Never been to Austin.

Lonestar BMW in Austin, Texas was formerly one of the absolute premier BMW dealerships in the United States. It has, within the past 6 months or so, been purchased by a multi-line dealership conglomerate with 6 or so brands not including the new BMW acquisition. I have not yet visited the new dealership. Robert and Karla Kay Krull, former owners, are now my new neighbors here in the Big Bend.

I have heard second and third hand mixed stories from the new dealership but I have hope. It appears several of the Lonestar employees now work for Woods so they just might make BMW wowrk for them.

Time will tell.

Never been to Austin.

You have to go there sometime - good food, good people, Sixth Street for entertainment, beautiful capital building, Zilker Park - Barton Springs, Congress Avenue Bridge Bats and motorcycle rides on Highways 360, and 2222 towards Mansfield Dam.

You have to go there sometime - good food, good people, Sixth Street for entertainment, beautiful capital building, Zilker Park - Barton Springs, Congress Avenue Bridge Bats and motorcycle rides on Highways 360, and 2222 towards Mansfield Dam.

All very true, but I'll add - way far too many people. Expect congestion.

Plus MotoGP at COTA in April

Back