• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

that would be the "sow's ear into a silk purse" kit, correct?

Can't wait for Bluehole to get back from wherever he's trailered his bike to so he can respond. Bikerfish, you might find yourself uninvited from his RS-to-S Conversion seminar. As well, you may be joining SeabeckS and I on double secret probation.

Now I understand why the RS and ST were dropped from the lineup. In the name of all things Farkled, it is superior to buy an S and install a tall windscreen and barbacks. I think I shall be happy with my sow's ear 'til she spits a spline.

rxcrider, don't let these S guys get to you. They are just jealous that the RS is so versatile that it can be converted to an S.

Details of the RS to S conversion on Page 105.

Nice shot, you sonovagun!

Things were fine at that point, but the temperature rose to 90 yesterday. We have had a cool spring and I was not acclimated to the hot weather. I wasn't delirious, but I certainly was not as sharp as i could have been during the last hour. Very happy to get home.

226652_614422281903552_1993115640_n.jpg

Just bought this yesterday in Tennessee. 2004 R1150RS with 30k on the speedo. Sorry for the trailer but not registered yet and nobody available to take me up with my present plate...sigh...:) Where was I before phone rang. My present bike a 1996 K1100RS is causing me too many headaches and too much money. I had an R100RT a few years ago.

Last edited:
Just bought this yesterday in Tennessee. 2004 R1150RS with 30k on the speedo. Sorry for the trailer but not registered yet and nobody available to take me up with my present plate...sigh...:) Where was I before phone rang. My present bike a 1996 K1100RS is causing me too many headaches and too much money. I had an R100RT a few years ago.
Wow, people are buying oil heads just so they can post on our oil head forum! :clap

(The "S" intervention program is not working as well as we would have liked! :doh)

I mentioned this to bigsur52 when he bought his bike...I love that color scheme.

moondog, what made you take a chance on an Oilhead?

(The "S" intervention program is not working as well as we would have liked! :doh)

You bring up a good point. But the first part of solving a problem is admitting you have one. I'm thinking Bluehole might arrive at the rally on an RS but he'll be leaving on an "S". Either that or he'll be on a plane to some treatment centre in Southern California. :D

Well, I must admit, that if Titan Grey/Mandarin S bikes had not been offered...that I "might" be very tempted by an RS in the color rendition on Moondog's and bigsur52's! Yeah, sacrilege I know. But those are really awesome machines! (Not quite as handsome or as fast as an S, but there you go!)

:laugh

I'm thinking Bluehole might arrive at the rally on an RS but he'll be leaving on an "S"

I suggest y'all remove your keys when you park your bikes at the rally. For a guy like me the rally is an S buffet. :)

Back