• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Beautiful. Here's mine.

Beemeravatar2.jpg

WELCOME !!!
Nothing like a BLACK BMW !

Mike

Paid $7K for this little beauty recently.

It's an '04 R1150R in Ferro Blue/Gray, perfect shape with only 1400 miles on it when purchased, though I've got that up to over 3600 now.

Pic is from the Cycle Trader ad.

BMW2.jpg

So far I've added side cases, top soft bag and tank bag.

The winshield came with the bike. The previus owner was 6'4" or so. I am 6'2". In that pic it is up all the way, as I just finished washing the bike. I usually ride with it at 50%. Also it is a Cee Bailey aftermarket, tall as it is wide. Works great for me along with the Day Long Saddle.

Two for the price of one

hI Y'all,
This is a pic of the twins. I've had my RS for about 5 yrs. One of the guys at work mentioned he would like to have one, soooo I actually found one on CL, we went to look at it, and he bought it. Mine's a 94, his is a 95. Mileage about the same on both, around 40k. I helped him replace the master cylinder, put new brake pads on and change oil and fluids. This winter I'll teach him how to adjust the valves and sync the TB's. But first, we ride!
BTW, mine is the red one, the fastest color of course........

Tim in SC

Attachments

• twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 620
hI Y'all,
This is a pic of the twins. I've had my RS for about 5 yrs. One of the guys at work mentioned he would like to have one, soooo I actually found one on CL, we went to look at it, and he bought it. Mine's a 94, his is a 95. Mileage about the same on both, around 40k. I helped him replace the master cylinder, put new brake pads on and change oil and fluids. This winter I'll teach him how to adjust the valves and sync the TB's. But first, we ride!
BTW, mine is the red one, the fastest color of course........

Tim in SC
Great looking bikes there Tim, and WELCOME !!!!!

Mike

Harts Pass

:usa This self portrait I took at the parking lot at Harts Pass, Wa: Sound Rider dualsport ride #27 (Slate Peak) Notice the dark stuff over my head! It was 90deg down in Winthrop, but at 7488 ft things can change.....and..... Fast!!! We hiked the rest of the way to Slate Peak to an old look out tower, it was raining slightly. When we got back to the bikes it was raining a little more, but nothing to bad. As we were rolling down, the rain let loose. But we didn't know what was happening in the hills around and below us. We were concentrating on riding down the wet and slippery road that was dry and dusty just two hours earlier. We later discovered that we were trapped between mudslides, One happend between the first one I discovered on the way down and the Harts Pass ranger station; And we later discovered two more below. Adventure Riding in the Pacific North West.:german

Attachments

• Scott@ Harts Pass Before the rains.jpg
    Scott@ Harts Pass Before the rains.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 951
Harts Pass

:usa This is me crossing one of many mudslides that happened. This was the worst one as the direction of the road had changed. We had to zig zag up and over the rocks and debris and partly into the edge of the forest. This is why I ride a Dual Sport Bike.....:german

Attachments

• Scott @ Harts Pass.jpg
    Scott @ Harts Pass.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 947
:usa This is me crossing one of many mudslides that happened. This was the worst one as the direction of the road had changed. We had to zig zag up and over the rocks and debris and partly into the edge of the forest. This is why I ride a Dual Sport Bike.....:german
Trips like that ARE the adventure in adventure riding.
On a touring bike it can become way more than an adventure. :doh

Mike

A great fall ride with a special friend!

Here is my best ever bike, a 94 R1100RS, now with 143,000 on the clock and still going strong. I guess I must really like this bike to still be riding it after almost 15 years!

Attachments

• Dec108 042.jpg
    Dec108 042.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 952
Nice bike Andy! I have a red '94 RSL. The resale on these bikes is not good, so I am hanging onto mine. Love it , and it is better and more trouble free than a new one. And paid for!
Nice mirrors!

Thanks! That's exactly how I feel, my RS has been paid for for over 12 years! But I have kept changing it in subtle ways to keep it fresh, like engine and exhaust mods. The occasional $300 spent on good qulaity mods is cheap compared to e abunch of payments. But, I got frustrated with the fuzzy view from the stock mirrors. So I found a nice set of salvaged 600 GSXR mirrors, made some simple brackets to fit inside the fairing, and monted the mirrors with stem extensions from Twisted Throttle.

They are MUCH more clear, and further ahead in my field of view. I also made my own handlebar, mounted using one bolt clamp mounts from a GZ250, to raise the grips up and back about 2".

RS riders... ride on!! I have my 94 R1100RS and still have my 76 R100RS (serial number 414). The RS has always seemed to be the best BMWs.

Got my first BMW last week, a 2000 R1100R. Modifications thus far are mostly cleaning and a matching blue tour jacket.

Attachments

• BMW1.jpg
    BMW1.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 835
Back