• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

This is fantastic, I"m so glad that someone has been racking up the miles this season... it has certainly not been me! The bike and gear look amazing and man those roads are on my hit list; rode the BRP and surrounding a good deal as a yout living in DC.. but it's been a while.

Hopefully my supernatural power to make it rain by planning to get the bike out will fail me this weekend.

You were smart to get out of NE... it's been a wash of a year!

Thanks! I was up in Maine when the monsoons started & left for the south the day after I got back. Got drenched between Hartford & Scranton but the rest of the trip was fairly dry. There are soo many good roads down there, we really don't have similar riding up here in the northeast -it always takes me a little bit to get used to actually leaning the bike over when I travel down there!

Hope you're able to get out for some dry riding soon, it looks like we might just get some slightly better weather in the near future.

Thanks! I was up in Maine when the monsoons started & left for the south the day after I got back. Got drenched between Hartford & Scranton but the rest of the trip was fairly dry. There are soo many good roads down there, we really don't have similar riding up here in the northeast -it always takes me a little bit to get used to actually leaning the bike over when I travel down there!

Hope you're able to get out for some dry riding soon, it looks like we might just get some slightly better weather in the near future.

Berkshires to Catskills and back Sunday is the current plan, and the weather looks perfect. :heart

The Smokies etc are really good, and as I'm sure you found, the roads crisscrossing the BRP that are not so low speed limit etc. are even better; that said, I do think we've got a fair amount of solid riding up here in NE. Having worn out VT and NH, I've been bathing in the greatness of upstate NY the last few years. Adirondack Park is stellar.

Berkshires to Catskills and back Sunday is the current plan, and the weather looks perfect. :heart

The Smokies etc are really good, and as I'm sure you found, the roads crisscrossing the BRP that are not so low speed limit etc. are even better; that said, I do think we've got a fair amount of solid riding up here in NE. Having worn out VT and NH, I've been bathing in the greatness of upstate NY the last few years. Adirondack Park is stellar.

Truth be told, I don't get out of western MA & southern VT enough -lots left to explore!

Zeldah's Travels begin...

I got a new-to-me 2002 R1150RS and named her "Zeldah"...

Zeldah and I at the Bonney Bright & The Nguyen Family Perfect Wisdom and Great Compassion Zen Garden
IMG_4224.jpgIMG_4227.jpg

I got a new-to-me 2002 R1150RS and named her "Zeldah"...

Zeldah and I at the Bonney Bright & The Nguyen Family Perfect Wisdom and Great Compassion Zen Garden

She's a beauty.. how many miles? Looks super clean from here.

I often do some chanting inside my lid when setting out... I think it' a good way to help align the stars. :D

Track Day

I did my first ever track day (finally!!) a week ago. My 04 RT has Wilbers suspension on the front & Ohlins on the back -the bike did awesome. Toward the final morning session, I started to find the lean limits of the bike & was dragging pegs. I adjusted my body position in the afternoon & was able to corner much faster & safer than I had in the earlier sessions. I'm planning to go back to the track on Labor Day & work on smoothness & line choice.

TTD 8.1.23.01.jpg

Spinning around town.
IMG_8565-XL.jpg

Back