Page 205 of 255 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3821

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Nice. Don't these have cruise control? That is something I would have liked on my Oilheads.
    Thumb (throttle) screw. Effective and maintenance free.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by dcs1157 View Post
    Bob

I know that you know if you add an L to the C you get this:
    Very nice looking CL or is it a CLC? Nice to see you here Dave.

Are 3 letters even better?

Electronic Cruise Control is very nice.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    Very nice looking CL or is it a CLC? Nice to see you here Dave.

Are 3 letters even better?

Electronic Cruise Control is very nice.
    In the Base26 world, a CLC is equivalent to 2343 in Base10. That's similar to the esteemed RSL (12674) and a far cry from the lowly "s" and "t" at 19 and 20, respectively.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    In the Base26 world, a CLC is equivalent to 2343 in Base10. That's similar to the esteemed RSL (12674) and a far cry from the lowly "s" and "t" at 19 and 20, respectively.
    Ahhh... I now understand the choice of your user name

Bob - correct, it is a 3-letter bike. I must say that I am REALLY enjoying the extra letters (the RDL seat) and my pillion's opinion is that it is DEFINITELY better! Our previous rides were an '86 488 and an '83 488 (RT's). Only 2 letters

bluehole - The electronic cruise control must be nice but in my area the highway congestion usually doesn't allow its use (either the bike or cages).
    I've only 3400 mi on my new to me CLC and very limited slab time but my '83 RT has a simple, adjustable throttle 'friction collar' that serves me well.

The "380,000 mile routine maintenance is in process. It's a good opportunity to fix a few little things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    The "380,000 mile routine maintenance is in process. It's a good opportunity to fix a few little things.
    Where's those 380,000-mile "S" bike pictures????

Awww. Vonnie and Paul have put enough miles (bajillions) on motorcycles that there's probably an S-bike somewhere in their past. Who knows, maybe a "90?"

If ever there were a couple who've earned the term "guru" . . . .

I've only put 4K on mine since I got it last fall. Lightweight for sure!
    A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed untiring smoothness. T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
    Awww. Vonnie and Paul have put enough miles (bajillions) on motorcycles that there's probably an S-bike somewhere in their past. Who knows, maybe a "90?"

If ever there were a couple who've earned the term "guru" . . . .

I've only put 4K on mine since I got it last fall. Lightweight for sure!
    "S" bike? S bike! Sure. two K75S bikes - for 87,000 miles. One F800S for 83,000 miles. And one '99 R1100S for 51,000 miles (traded in on the F800S.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

And one '99 R1100S for 51,000 miles (traded in on the F800S.
    So, the R1100S wasn't a keeper. I see

BTW - none of this is to be taken seriously.

So, the R1100S wasn't a keeper. I see

BTW - none of this is to be taken seriously.
    She loved it. I didn't like working on it. Too many little differences that aggravated me. So when the F800S she had coveted for 3 years came available the deal was struck, so to speak.

She loved it. I didn't like working on it. Too many little differences that aggravated me. So when the F800S she had coveted for 3 years came available the deal was struck, so to speak.
    If I recall, the F800 has left some "impressions" with you?

F800

My 07 F800ST has! They are all good rides.

If I recall, the F800 has left some "impressions" with you?
    Valve checks are a complete joke. That designer should be fired. But otherwise it is easy to work on and very reliable. The last actual valve adjustment was 92,000 miles ago but a guy needs to check once in a while.

Valve checks are a complete joke. That designer should be fired. But otherwise it is easy to work on and very reliable. The last actual valve adjustment was 92,000 miles ago but a guy needs to check once in a while.
    I recall a comment about a solenoid or actuator which continuously tunes the throttle body. It came up during one of the posts by the guys trying to lock their key-less gas caps.

I recall a comment about a solenoid or actuator which continuously tunes the throttle body. It came up during one of the posts by the guys trying to lock their key-less gas caps.
    Oh yes. It causes the engine idle to hunt up and down for a while upon startup. A high-tech answer to a non-existent problem. The old idle speed adjustment screw with a fast idle lever (called choke, but isn't) worked just fine. There are other issues like that too. But overall it is a good bike, even if details do aggravate me. Some of it is bad ideas. Some of it is poor execution of good ideas. Designing a motorcycle so that the radiator needs to be removed to properly check valve adjustment seems to me like not-the-best design.