• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

IMG_6486-XL.jpg

The store behind your bike - they repair shoes and Harley Davidson's ?

No idea, I've never been in the store (but I suspect not). I parked my bike there and took the picture for a picture challenge game. I thought there was a bit of irony in having the H-D sign in the picture of my Beemer.

Bought this 1996 RT in New Hampshire for the grand sum of $1000 and then rode it 1200 miles home to TN with minimal maintenance. It gets worse the closer you look, but there seems to be nothing major wrong with it other than both Fox shocks are leaking. Rides better and shifts smoother than my R850R which is kind of embarrassing considering how much work I've put into that bike.

Shoutout to fellow MOA member Mike in Ravena NY for selling me some parts I needed, on short notice, while I was rolling through!

If the bike looks familiar to anybody, let me know -- it's got both MOA and AMA stickers on the back of the saddlebags, and had a full Corbin seat setup with red pipe trim and a backrest when I bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_1458574.jpg
    IMG_20220424_1458574.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20220423_1808262.jpg
    IMG_20220423_1808262.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 86
What a screamin' deal for that bike!

And...I'm sure your (very) short passengers appreciate that tinted windscreen. :D

10-4, I added the big lids to my BMW RS touring cases and the BMW RT touring trunk, solved my touring capacity for my '94 R1100RS.

f7eae66a21773a457512f553cdb883bb.jpg

c1d755b5822f5182a45ff62b7dcd235b.jpg

A couple somewhat more recent photos after I upgraded all the lights and turn signals to LED units. I still love the appearance of this bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back