• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

nice R1100R, too bad the analog clock isn't there, I have a '98 and the clock works perfectly, which is amazing.
I like the heads and the spoke wheels on yours.
This must be close to the last year for the R1100 motor.

C0E5472E-5701-414C-8920-2526993A9A90.jpgOh my clock is there, and it works. I am second owner, just passed 3,400 original miles.

I would prefer the 98 as it’s a true 75th anniversary
And it happens to be the birth year of my first child. ��

Last edited:
im all in

I Love the handling ,smooth torque experience with my new 2020 R1250RS- its an amazing ride, i have always rode k bikes all of them , ive owned 8 in the past.
Never thought id be so happy with my new ride but im very pleased indeed.
Funny thing i never even test rode this bike prior to purchase, i was looking for a lighter ride nimble twisty carver.
I decided to throw the towel in to long distant multi state iron butt style riding since im turning 64, traded my 2nd k1600gt in for the new ride and it all worked out for what im looking for. i guess a new chapter in life for me500 pix.jpg

Last edited:
It does look great, but it's not really an oilhead. There may be other forums to highlight the newer bikes.

Technically a “hexhead/camhead” they do have their own section with a photo thread as well.
Sweet looking bike for sure.

Sweet Ride
I hope your as pleased with your purchase as I am with my 1100RT
Treat her right and you'll have countless enjoyable miles

Attachments

• 1999 RT.jpg
    1999 RT.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 381
Falling

I already miss warmer weather and leaves on the trees, and, in this case, in the driveway.

Here's to sunny Spring days and a COVID vaccine ASAP please.

R1100S.Fall.jpg

Yes!

I already miss warmer weather and leaves on the trees, and, in this case, in the driveway.

Here's to sunny Spring days and a COVID vaccine ASAP please.

View attachment 81350

Looks like mine! Great picture love the leaves.. I will blow the moisture out of mine tomorrow, as winter snow is on delay, but if and when it hits I will be car only. R1100S in the garage mostly till spring.

R850R - the oilhead "orphan" in the USA

Good day,

I just found and purchased this lovely R850R example with under 20,000 miles locally. I hope to use it to entice my spouse to learn but I will put a few miles on it myself. I have always had a penchant for the odd BMW models in the US.

Happy holidays. Be well, ride safely.
RK 00303_kfzCMf5vrja_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Back