• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Here's a shot of OBSSSN before I put the skunk stripe on the windscreen.
sideOBSSSN.jpg

waiting, waiting, waiting

'04 RS
First great riding day of spring '07

Attachments

• CRIM0012.JPG
    CRIM0012.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
My 94, now at 115,000 miles

I installed the GS intake tubes, K&N air filter, matched the intake manifolds to the heads, Delco plugs, Speed-Bleeders (bleeding the brakes is EASY!), only use synthetic fluids (Shell Rotella Full Synthetic oil). I plan to clean up the header welds with my die grinder, and fabricate my own cold air intake to take in air below the front edge of the fairing. I try to do all my own work, such as replacing the rear main seal, new clutch assembly, 96 spec tranny, changed out the ABS modulator (not a bad job actually), replaced the front discs mount buttons (yes, they SHOULD be replaced at NO more than 100k miles), new brake pads. Its a great bike, but I sure wish it would shift better.

The new R1200R SURE is tempting.

But this classic stands out because of the unique color, of which I have seen only one other in Wisconsin. My best bike ever is now at 143,000 miles and going stronger all the time!

Attachments

• R1100RS.jpg
    R1100RS.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
Trunk for R1100RSL

It's just a BMW trunk, same one designed for the R1100RT. Look for a used set of luggage for any RT and it will pop right on the RS.

Cheers,

Mark

1st time

First time post and new member. I am Tom in Colonial Heights VA. I bought my first BMW a few weeks ago. A 1996 R850R. So far it has been a great bike, I have only had the chance of putting a little over 100 miles on it.

I know I'll have a lot of questions and looking forward to advice here.

1r850r.jpg

MY 04 R1150RS, I'm slowly blacking things out since the motor is black, the other silver parts just don't go w/ the bike. The foot pegs, paralever arm, brake and gear lever have been powder coated black. Tinted stock BMW windshield not available in the US. and look close at the turn signal lenses too (I hate those juvenile clear lenses). Still need to do the rims, fork legs and possibly the diff and shaft (those will take some work).

Wish I could figure out how to send a bigger picture of the thing so you could see it, but I ain't gonna pay for smug mug

Attachments

• R1150RS A.bmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,035
Last edited:
Here's a picture of the windshield and turn signals. The turn signals were clear but sprayed with a translucent spry on the inside to blacken them out. Not too much as the amber lights still need to be seen.

Look close at the wind sheild frame it's now metallic grey instead of silver, same w/ the gas tank filler cap.

Sorry for the multiple post, bu I can only figure out how to post one pict at a time

Last edited:
Where do you buy translucent spray?? I'd like to try that on my speedster windshield

Jerry from the sidehill:wave

There is no way I would put it on the wind shield as it goes on very thin (i.e. possible runs) and the optical quality would suck. I sprayed 2 or three coats on the inside of the clear lenses. Didn't want to put more on it as it would be to dark to see the lights flashing. I purchased it from a guy on ebay. I'll have to look at the can to see what brand it is.

She married me AND my hobby!

My wife and I last summer. She did really well for a first timer. A full day out and 300 miles.

Attachments

• cycle pic.jpg
    cycle pic.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 919
New MOA member

Hello to all of you out there. I found the forum a great place for entertainment & knowledge. Many of my questions have been answered, including how to post a picture with a mac computer! This is my first bike, a R1100GS '99; I started motorcycling two years ago at age 40, always dreamed of owning a BMW, and I found this beauty at a dealer's for $9500 CAN, it had 22 000 mi at the time. It is a great bike, has superb handling, ergonomics, and comfort despite the weight and clunkiness of the transmission. I just bought a GIVI top case two days ago, should come in handy. I should start riding in mid-April. I much enjoy the oilheads, gear, campfire & rides forums and especially the great pictures and stories.
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/german.gif

Attachments

• bmexp.jpg
    bmexp.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 883
Back