• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

I'm surprised the site moderators haven't replied yet. I found posting photos here to be a bit more difficult than on some other forums, such as ADVrider.

What I do:

I host photos on a third-party site. I use Photobucket, others include SmugMug, Flicker, etc.

On this site I click the "Insert Image" icon. Middle row, 4th group of icons from the left. It's the 4th icon in that group. When you hover over it for a couple of seconds you'll see the "Insert Image."

When the Insert Image dialog box comes up, I select "From URL." I then go to Photobucket (open in another window) and copy the URL of the image I want to post-just that one image. Photobucket at least allows me to do that. I paste that URL in the opening of the dialog box. I then unclick Retrieve remote file and reference locally. I'll usually preview the post to make sure it looks ok.

This works for me. There may be better ways out there but I've not found them. The big issue for me is having that third party site so I can get the URL of each individual photo. I've not been successful in posting photos here using the "from computer" option.

There's folks around a lot smarter on this stuff than me. Y'all ought to weigh in and help too.

Thanks. Complicated☺️

Well, not THAT hard. Way I figure, if I can do it, anyone can. Heck, I cain't hardly speak keyboard . . . .:type

Just bite the bullet, host your photos somewhere, and it'll work fine . . .

Voni takes 1.2 gazzilion photos a month. I take a few. For stuff I intend to post to this forum I put them local on my computer and then attach them to the posts. It works fine. Even if the photo is stored in the cloud, I retrieve it and store it local (temporarily) to attach and post. This might not be the easiest way, but it works 100% of the time.

Voni takes 1.2 gazzilion photos a month. I take a few. For stuff I intend to post to this forum I put them local on my computer and then attach them to the posts. It works fine. Even if the photo is stored in the cloud, I retrieve it and store it local (temporarily) to attach and post. This might not be the easiest way, but it works 100% of the time.

Ditto.

iPhone pictures

On the iPhone first go to settings and change from high efficiency to most compatible on the actual camera setting turn off the live and hd. What I do next is email the photo to myself on the iPhone and after I hit send a box pops up and asks if I want a small, medium, large or actual size photo, I have found that the medium size works well ( for me this is easy way to resize photo ) I than open the photo in the emai still using iPhone and then airdrop it to iPad than from the I pad I do The posting to the forum
I guess kind of third party hosting except no outside party involved
To make stuff more complicated apple does not resize the photo if I email it to my self from the iPad :scratch

That was my usual method, sending pics to Samsung tablet or laptop and then posting...more often than not they come out sideways and I just quit trying.I carry a point and shoot I use for photos more often for pictures I may post.
We are on satellite internet with limited allowance, so have to be selective at times of how much download/upload we can use going back and forth or things slow way down.I don't use our Smugmug unless we are at another location...family, library,and such which is a pain at times:banghead

I have an older Iphone and trying to do forum posting is frustrating with screen size and having to zoom in to fat finger the buttons.:gerg

Welcome to the forum:wave

And nice RS...not an S...but close enough :stick

A little bug residue shows character,my GSA is bugged up currently.

Another RS owner

I don’t understand how you can sit on your muffler and be cool at the same time

F21A4314-F169-4E8F-A8D8-ACAA61D972FB.jpeg

With loving neglect your bike can also look like this. :)

It just proves you are truly cool

It takes a pretty darn cool person to sit on those mufflers and still be cool even when riding a really hot bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0654 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0654 (1280x960).jpg
    898.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0655 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0655 (1280x960).jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0653 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0653 (1280x960).jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 266
My New To Me R1100S

Picked up this '04 R1100S with 25k miles a couple weeks ago. Fun bike and it'll make nice company for the R1250GS.

Attachments

• R100S 3.jpg
    R100S 3.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 228
Back