• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Meet Marley. I picked her up yesterday in Austin. Too good of a deal to pass up She's had a obsessed prevoius owner who took care of her. He painted her black. So far so good. Only 40k miles on her clock. I sold my K1600 last year but now I'm back to BMW ownership.
1f8d587596a1f03ce94e59efcb6eb540.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Luv the Darth Vader look. Cool:thumb:)

A '94 R1100RS, just a day after I got her and shined her up. My first BMW and first anything above a 600. At this point mostly just neighborhood and country roads riding to get a good feel for her.
IMG_1548_E.jpg

Stella!

Introducing Stella:

2000 R1200C with Montana setup.
Purchased 25 May 2018 with 13,854 well kept miles from original owner.

And thanks to my accomplice, D_ace, for the drive down and back! Couldn't have done it without you!

BMW color is Steel Blue, but my Grateful Dad color is "Stella Blue."

Loaded up for NSBMWR Last Chance Rally:

rDSCN1336.jpg

rDSCN1340.jpg

rDSCN1341.jpg

And "The Other One," loaded for BF 2018.

rDSCN0879.jpg

Love 'em all!

Nice C:thumb

Had a local new owner of a 2002 come by yesterday on the cream colored model, told him to check out Chromeheads. Ordered a set of Spieglers for him as well.

New 99 1100rs.

Bought last month with 44k, now has 47+ on the clock. Nothing but fun. Photo taken in Lake George N.Y. on Prospect Mountain. Thx for looking.

Attachments

• 20180919_143308.jpg
    20180919_143308.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 427
IMG_2513 (2).jpg

New to me RT. An '04 with low milage and the previous owner spent on lot of time providing great care. plus a lot of extras.

I've spent the last 10 years in the Flying Brick section with an '02 K1200RS.

1999 R1100RT Graphite Metallic

My 99 RT with about 80K miles, somewhere in central Arkansas...

Attachments

• IMG_6959a.JPG
    IMG_6959a.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 316
Back to God's Country

Enough of photos from Down South. Back to the "real world" up here in the PNW. And we actually caught a break; some weird shining orb up in the sky. Which itself was a very strange blue color . . .

Olympic Mountains from Tracyton boat ramp. Looking over Dyes Inlet. Low tide of course.

Playing with filters . . . .

On 5th Ave in Bremerton, there's murals painted on some windows of the Admiral Theater.

2000 R 1200 C Amarena Red Metallic , aka Miss Belinda

20160925_173156 (1).jpg20160925_173106.jpg

My Chromehead, Miss Belinda. An R1200C with Montana set-up, minus engine guards. I have since added a chrome alternator cover. These are photos after a wash. I have been riding it all week, which included rain, so it needs another bath before picture hour.

Cheers,

Trouble posting photo

Does anyone know how I would post a photo of my oilhead. I have a Mac, and tried to upload a photo using the attachment icon on this thread. No luck posting.

Thanks, Adam

Does anyone know how I would post a photo of my oilhead. I have a Mac, and tried to upload a photo using the attachment icon on this thread. No luck posting.

Thanks, Adam

I have a Mac as well and have no problems, so are you clicking on the upload files button??? You browse, select and then upload.. That should do it.

Thanks, Adam

I'm surprised the site moderators haven't replied yet. I found posting photos here to be a bit more difficult than on some other forums, such as ADVrider.

What I do:

I host photos on a third-party site. I use Photobucket, others include SmugMug, Flicker, etc.

On this site I click the "Insert Image" icon. Middle row, 4th group of icons from the left. It's the 4th icon in that group. When you hover over it for a couple of seconds you'll see the "Insert Image."

When the Insert Image dialog box comes up, I select "From URL." I then go to Photobucket (open in another window) and copy the URL of the image I want to post-just that one image. Photobucket at least allows me to do that. I paste that URL in the opening of the dialog box. I then unclick Retrieve remote file and reference locally. I'll usually preview the post to make sure it looks ok.

This works for me. There may be better ways out there but I've not found them. The big issue for me is having that third party site so I can get the URL of each individual photo. I've not been successful in posting photos here using the "from computer" option.

There's folks around a lot smarter on this stuff than me. Y'all ought to weigh in and help too.

Back