• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

I do have a Helen2Wheels rolltop bag on the pillion. I had taken all my riding gear on plane ride to Louisville and also used it as a backrest and to keep stray riders OFF!

Black and White picture....

It's my favorite colors...black and white. 2000 R1100RT-P

Attachments

• rtp3_sized.jpg
    rtp3_sized.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,149
More B&W

another good side.

Attachments

• rtp2_sized.jpg
    rtp2_sized.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,150
And older brother from Ukraine

snow!

Attachments

• rt3a_sized.jpg
    rt3a_sized.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,150
another good side.

If you ever decide to replace the shocks, drop me a line, the front one is a Beast on this unit. Have you noticed fewer people pulling out in front of you yet? :)
attachment.php

Last edited:
Shocking

I notice that people do look twice at the bike, and I can see them thinking.... If I get behind somebody, they often tend to slow down. There aren't too many RTP's in use in CT by PD's that I know about. There are some in Meriden. I think the black and white scheme and the lights just say "police" to a lot of people. It seems to intimidate more than my Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike. That one seems to deliver more of a "Barney Fife" vibe!!

So far, the shocks seem pretty efficient. I haven't experienced anything yet that has given them any trouble. After replacing the transmission, the front shock might be 'easier'...... unless there are surprises I don't know about. Did you replace yours? If so, why, and with what? Regards, Hal

I notice that people do look twice at the bike, and I can see them thinking.... If I get behind somebody, they often tend to slow down. There aren't too many RTP's in use in CT by PD's that I know about. There are some in Meriden. I think the black and white scheme and the lights just say "police" to a lot of people. It seems to intimidate more than my Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike. That one seems to deliver more of a "Barney Fife" vibe!!

So far, the shocks seem pretty efficient. I haven't experienced anything yet that has given them any trouble. After replacing the transmission, the front shock might be 'easier'...... unless there are surprises I don't know about. Did you replace yours? If so, why, and with what? Regards, Hal

if Meriden is using them, that is new within the last 2 years. Middletown began using them about 4 yrs ago, and they love 'em!
FWIW- i had someone pull over to let me by the other day. i was on my KLR, with modulating headlight.:dance

Built like a Panzer tank!

Wow! I didn't realize all of that bracing under the plastic was specific to the RT-P! I'm glad mine seems to handle and ride very well, I sure don't want to tackle changing the front shock. I just want to ride for now. I copied your pic for future reference though..... cause you just never know!H.

My wife took this picture of me as we rode on the ferry to the '06 rally

Attachments

• vermont ferry 06 jpeg 4.jpg
    vermont ferry 06 jpeg 4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,073
Wow! I didn't realize all of that bracing under the plastic was specific to the RT-P! I'm glad mine seems to handle and ride very well, I sure don't want to tackle changing the front shock. I just want to ride for now. I copied your pic for future reference though..... cause you just never know!H.

It's not as bad as the tranny swap, I'm sure it would be pretty straight forward for you.

My Oilhead RR

Here she is sans touring bags, etc. Stipped down and ready for a ride through Colorado's canyons.

66411115-L.jpg

i don't think you took that pic too recently, Doug my man.:(
going thru bike withdrawals- a long 2 weeks since the KLR saw any movement, and it was the weekend before the first blizz that the S went out.

i don't think you took that pic too recently, Doug my man.:(
going thru bike withdrawals- a long 2 weeks since the KLR saw any movement, and it was the weekend before the first blizz that the S went out.

That is my picture of what I WISH Colorado weather looked like. The RR is ready to go (even got a new sheepskin seat cover), I just could not get past my driveway. I may have to fly somewhere warm and rent a bike :banghead

Joe, you may have to change your sig location. Banana Belt no more.

My R1200S

Just got it...and 1,100 miles later, I say, I love it!

Attachments

• R1200S.JPG1.JPG R.JPG
    R1200S.JPG1.JPG R.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,161
Back