• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Welcome! Nice to see the right color on an S. :)

While there is no "wrong" colour for an S, there is only one right colour. And you know what that is, Seabeck. See post # 3450. :laugh

And welcome to the club Hans_k49. You will receive instructions shortly on the S owners plan to take over this picture thread.

While there is no "wrong" colour for an S, there is only one right colour. And you know what that is, Seabeck. See post # 3450. :laugh

And welcome to the club Hans_k49. You will receive instructions shortly on the S owners plan to take over this picture thread.
Egads......It's secret handshake time....

I see you haven't lost your Pathetic Blue sense of humour this winter! :dance

An other pic that I have yet to accost you with.
IMG_7850c_w1000_zpsr4i25kf6.jpg

Nice RT.

But we all know that a black "S" is best . . . . From a trip to Northern California last fall.

BTB Paul and Babe.jpg

Along the Smith River just north of Crescent City. The river was named for mountain man Jedediah Smith who moved north through this area some time ago. He later met his demise via the Commanches, if I recall correctly. I've always wondered if he'd had a BMW R1100S (especially a black one) if he would have been able to get away. :scratch

BTB US191 Along Smith River.jpg

Some New Photos

I suppose y'all are getting tired of looking at old photos, so since the rain decided to abate for a couple of hours I took The Black Bike out for a wee spin. We went up to Salsbury Point County Park, overlooking the Hood Canal and the floating bridge that connects Kitsap to the Olympic Peninsula.

As you can see, there were skeptics in the audience.

Salbury%20Pt%20Cty%20Park_quotWho%20Mequot_zpsk8wvexia.jpg

I think I'm getting the once-over here.

Salsbury%20Pt%20Cty%20Park_quotYes%20Youquot_zpszcr16cp8.jpg

"Heck with it; I'm outa here!" (Snow and cloud covered Olympic Mountains in the backgroud).

Salbury%20Pt%20Cty%20Park%20quotIm%20Outa%20Herequot_zpsfqhcagu7.jpg

This boat ramp is used by both commercial (mostly tribal) and recreational fishermen when the seasons open. Kinda not open now, eh?

Salbury%20Pt%20Cty%20Park%20Boat%20Ramp_zpsqh8tcto9.jpg

Enjoy . . . I sure enjoyed the ride. Rain's coming back later this evening . . . :bluduh

Nice you could get out for a few minutes between squalls today. Pretty windy, eh? Sure was on the hill in Seabeck.

Cheers!

Oil Head Photos...

Mo' Farkles,

Rear Fender, Tank Pads :)

Slick...:dance

Attachments

• 2017-03-17 16.00.47.jpg
    2017-03-17 16.00.47.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 2017-03-17 16.00.35.jpg
    2017-03-17 16.00.35.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 250
Just out of curiosity... What brand are those highway pegs?

Since Dan hasn't seen your question...I'll jump in. I think the pegs are just some sort of generic item. The mounts (which I sold to him) are Talons, made by Hawks Products in Auburn, WA. They mount with the valve cover bolts, unfortunately I think they're out of production now,

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers!

Darn in tank hoses.. :)

Here is my R850R.. Poor thing needs it's in tank hoses redone. Amazing what fuel does to them. Hope to hear it run finally on Sunday! Ive had it since January and not had time to get it fixed. :-(

C4F7D52D-7C23-495A-8470-AA02D6279F6E_zpskm35iqlm.jpg

A4BCBBFC-ED9A-45CA-A271-6B44866C35B3_zpst10zpyyi.jpg

Its Alive!!

Made it to the Shop Sunday, Beautiful day to work on the ladies. Hooked up a Battery Minder on Jessica's Marauder, then turned my attention to the BMW. Rebuilt the fuel pump assembly, put it all back together and it started but still ran horribly.. wouldn't idle and was popping back through the intake. Pulled the injectors to check flow and both looked great. As I was sitting there trying to figure out my next step, I noticed that the right banks throttle cable was unseated from its adjuster screw holding that banks throttle open more than the other. Pushed it back in and it ran perfect. Took it for a quick spin around the block and I am IN LOVE!! Brought it back, changed the oil and started to clean it up. For a bike that sat for the last 10 years it sure is filthy...

Good Morning World
CABDF39B-F695-4653-B9FB-D2BD85EF6061_zpst5qvrxzm.jpg

New fuel hose that will keep being fuel hose, even in ethanol.
5B953174-CB41-4566-A90C-19BE30321D67_zpsfpreife4.jpg

A little cleaner
3677BE33-5056-4680-A629-0864FC461906_zpsmtbr8x1s.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Nice ride . . .

Now you need to add an S-bike to the stable, a nice compliment to the two we see . . . . :thumb

Back