• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Thanks Ray!

Have you considered ...lowering the pegs/boards ? If your target is more leg comfort ? the results may be the same. One caution though...doing so changes ground clearance, when cornering they may / will touch sooner.

I second the Chromeheads suggestion .

'02 r1150rt

This was taken last weekend along Hwy 46 in the California wine country. Beautiful canyon and ocean views along the route. Great riding opportunities along the scenic CA central coast!fullsizeoutput_5651.jpg

Nice looking bike. My '94 R1100Rs uses the same saddle bags and I also run the same top case. Good stuff.

I'm enjoying the bike very much. My last Bimmer was a '94 K75s and this is the only Boxer bike I've owned. It's a very different experience than the inline 4's or the big V-twins I've owned in the past. The Boxer has a personality all of its own and I'm very happy with it. The hard luggage definitely is a must for me. I go for long rides and I always like to be prepared. I'm spoiled to the max having ridden mostly Touring Harley's for the past 13 years. My only criticism is that I wish my bags were a bit larger to accommodate helmets, but alas....you can't have everything you want in life. Or.....can you? :dunno

I have 2 sets of BMW saddle bags for my R11RS, The standard size and the second set that has the big outer lids. Full face helmets were a tight fit in the standard bag, helmet had to be positioned into the perfect location and it was tight. The large lid bags, you could put the helmet in about any fashion and the bag would close with no issues; pretty convenient.

'02 R1150GS - Colorado National Monument

A great day before Ol' Man Winter's arrival!

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 221
2003 MOA International Rally at Charleston, West Virginia - Oilheads

I took this photo at the 2003 MOA International Rally at Charleston, West Virginia and I believe these are the BMW test ride bikes at that rally.

Couple of oilheads lined up and little did I know at the time, I would later come to own an R1100S in 2007 just like the one in this photo.

2003_Charleston_National_rally_test bikes.jpg

Beautiful...and the scenery's not too bad either.

Thanks! I'm rather fond of it as well. Not that I'm biased or anything, but I honestly think this particular body style is one of the most attractive to ever come off the BMW assembly line. I favor the rounded, softer lines as opposed to the more angular, sharp edged designs of the bikes currently in production. Just a personal preference. I'm also a big fan of the K100RS which is another of my favorites.

I concur with terham, great bike, great countryside location.

I won't argue (tonight) about the comparative styling excellence of my S versus an RT. :)

Both great looking machines! Not very fond of the origami style of so many bikes these days.

Cheers!

New to me GS Adventure

Lovin' it so far. Took a lot of the stickers you see off and have a Bill Mayer saddle on it now.

Attachments

• P1010323.jpg
    P1010323.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 182
Back