• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Well, if Nakusp is a bridge too far for folks, SeabeckS and I intend to have a few informal treks up to Port Townsend to sample the local coffee shops over the fall and winter. Being the hippie/tourist/Victorian/blue collar/former seaport town that it is, there's quite a few. A straight shot up from where we live would be about 45 minutes. But I can stretch that to maybe an hour and a half of backroad sightseeing. Then take the quick way home . . .

Sometimes I'll take a half-growler (squealer??) with me in order to bring some fine barley water home with me. PT's had one good brewery for quite a while and I just noticed a second. I won't drink and then ride, but I've no issue with riding then sampling some of that nectar of the gods when I'm home.

Anyone else out there close enough to the Kitsap Peninsula to be game? We wouldn't make you ride an S-bike . . . or even a BMW!

I have family in PT. I'll be there in spirit.

You better keep the S

SeabeckS you were an inspiration in my search and acquisition of a replacement for my '03BCR #172, I grabbed #68 BCR and have tracked down all the good stuff to make it just like my first one. I got a little side tracked with a couple house projects and the crappy Summer heat & rain down here in SWFL but expect to have my R 1100S BCR #68 back together and properly run in by '17. I think of the leg cramps and sore back as a reminder that I'm still alive and have a little more body to wear out before I give it up.

Thanks! Made the decision last night to keep the bike.:)

Cheers!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Once again, old guys show their hard-earned and finely-tuned critical skills and make the right choice. Well done, sir.

BTW, as I know you can imagine, '97 and breezy' is just the usual way people around here appraise the weather when they walk out the back door headed for the garage and it feels for all the world like they've just opened the door to a pizza oven.

My Daddy (Johnny Sr.) spent three years camping out in Burma during the war and never seemed to be happier than when he was back home on the family farm in his native Ohio working outdoors in the winter. He used to encourage us boys to come out and help him clear brush and do other random projects which surely could have been put off until warmer weather. He'd say "Plenty of fresh air; enjoy it. We'll get a couple of things done this morning and then we'll enjoy Thanksgiving (or Christmas) dinner just that much more."

He was right, of course.

Cheers and keep up the good work, Bill.

Johnny

I'm gonna be there! Leaving Wednesday, overnight maybe at Swan Lake near Republic. With all those S-bikes there, the Dark Knight may have to lurk in the shadows.

Just so you know, Hwy 6 from Lumby to the Needles ferry is simply excellent. Its a route you could take on your way home. The road never really develops a rhythm but you could convert the recommended corner speeds into mph and be safe. E.G. Corner signed at 60 km/h is (usually) easily handled at 60 mph.

Be sure to look me up in Nakusp - I have lots of beer money to spend. :laugh (if that doesn't get SeabeckS to attend, nothing will)

I should have a bit of beer money too; our local Wells Fargo does currency exchange so I'm armed with a few Canadian dollars. :drink

Now at my age, one or two good beers and I'm probably sound asleep in my chair . . . sigh.

Just so you know, Hwy 6 from Lumby to the Needles ferry is simply excellent. Its a route you could take on your way home. The road never really develops a rhythm but you could convert the recommended corner speeds into mph and be safe. E.G. Corner signed at 60 km/h is (usually) easily handled at 60 mph.

Be sure to look me up in Nakusp - I have lots of beer money to spend. :laugh (if that doesn't get SeabeckS to attend, nothing will)

Beer?

Did someone say beer? :drink

Love to make it to lovely Canada. Alas, we have scheduled a flight to Juneau that interferes with timing a bit. Otherwise I'd be most happy to share a pint or three. :D

SeabeckS you were an inspiration in my search and acquisition of a replacement for my '03BCR #172, I grabbed #68 BCR and have tracked down all the good stuff to make it just like my first one. I got a little side tracked with a couple house projects and the crappy Summer heat & rain down here in SWFL but expect to have my R 1100S BCR #68 back together and properly run in by '17. I think of the leg cramps and sore back as a reminder that I'm still alive and have a little more body to wear out before I give it up.

Thanks for your kind words sir! Hope your BCR project bears delicious fruit next year, we will expect pictures of course...this being a photo thread, lol. Like you, a few aches and pains just serve as a reminder that I'm still "six feet over...".

Cheers!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Once again, old guys show their hard-earned and finely-tuned critical skills and make the right choice. Well done, sir.

BTW, as I know you can imagine, '97 and breezy' is just the usual way people around here appraise the weather when they walk out the back door headed for the garage and it feels for all the world like they've just opened the door to a pizza oven.

My Daddy (Johnny Sr.) spent three years camping out in Burma during the war and never seemed to be happier than when he was back home on the family farm in his native Ohio working outdoors in the winter. He used to encourage us boys to come out and help him clear brush and do other random projects which surely could have been put off until warmer weather. He'd say "Plenty of fresh air; enjoy it. We'll get a couple of things done this morning and then we'll enjoy Thanksgiving (or Christmas) dinner just that much more."

He was right, of course.

Cheers and keep up the good work, Bill.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate your positive comments and support. Big part of the decision was having the opportunity to break away from my routine and strafe a few apexes with a friend. Frankly, don't have many hobby type things that bring such fun to a rather mundane life. Mundane perhaps, but just really thankful to still be alive...so a little joy helps bring a little sparkle. :)

On the weather end of things...my family is originally from northern Iowa. When people around this Seattle region complain about the weather, I have to restrain myself from laughing in their face! Try living someplace (you know, somewhere like Texas) that actually has WEATHER!

Stay cool my friend! :D

OH yah.. Look forward to that stretch of road every year. A word to the wise though, the Lumby area and also Cherryville area are home to very high deer populations so keep your eyes open.

b80869149a2831930b31fdafed91880c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back