• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

And here I was thinking we might have reached a peaceful coexistence with them RS folks. :scratch

OTOH, it's good to stir the pot now and then, keeps it from boiling over.:)

And...Blue, like others said, heal up and get riding. And...once an Oilhead, always an Oilhead, no need for a Visa. (Unless you'd like to share your Visa card number)

My 2004 R1150 RT at the local reservoir.

DSC_0394-Edit.jpg

Took The R1100S To The Chief Joseph Rally

Stopped at the Stonehenge Memorial just off Washington 14.

DSCF3198_zpsdhzilyjp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF3202_zpsobehljrp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And on the way home, near Arlington junction, OR

DSCF3215_zpsoteij2uq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great riding down that way, even in the rain! The S-bike is a fabulous touring machine.

New to me '04 R1100RT

44,000 miles, Ohlins shocks, Sargent seat, and appears to have been generally well treated. Picking her up tomorrow from Blue Moon in Norcross GA. IMG_0541.jpg

Nice Bike

Really, really nice. Congrats! Did you get any sleep last night? :laugh
Nice looking bike, hard to believe it ain't the latest, greatest. Just seems like yesterday they were new on the showroom floor. You should get a lotta miles out of it. Like your reflection in the window with the camera. :thumb

Should I...or not?

Right on the cusp of making the decision to sell my '04 R1100S and retire from riding.

Not an easy decision, to say the least. Started riding in 1963 in the desert country of NW Nevada on a Honda 250 Scrambler. Since then have owned a variety of bikes, Honda, Hodaka, Suzuki, Yamaha, Ducati, and a couple of Beemers. My S is the top of the heap, very comfy with the addition of a Rick Mayer custom-fit seat, Rapid Dog barbacks. Has all the performance needed for a street bike, and though it's not a Duc, it handles really well. Frankly hits all the sweet spots for me. And, it's gorgeous, even if it's not Pathetic Blue (you know who you are...lol).

Last couple of years it's spent a lot of time sitting just gathering dust, while my street skills get more and more rust. I still enjoy riding it a few miles now and then, but I'm getting so rusty that it takes awhile to get truly relaxed, smooth and into the ride. Have a health issue or two, but nothing that truly precludes riding. Just don't seem to "find the time" (or energy) to ride nearly as much as I once did.

Sigh....tough decision. Perhaps especially after having a complete 24K service job (bike only has 20.5K on it), upgrading to Speigler brake lines with an ABS flush, new tires, and new Oddysey battery with in the last few months.

Man oh man...! :scratch

Plus! I won't be able to hassle those pesky RS guys any more!

001.jpg

Pretty easy answer to that one: just imagine walking out of your house on a leafy afternoon and not seeing that thing parked there.

Johnny

Pretty easy answer to that one: just imagine walking out of your house on a leafy afternoon and not seeing that thing parked there.

Johnny

Actually one of my considerations!

I regretted selling a couple of specific bikes in the past, but now it's about giving up riding permanently...

Or do you need something smaller and more enjoyable , say a slower pace? What other activities do you enjoy doing? Eugene

Slow down a bit, make some adjustments and make a point of riding as regularly as you can to keep the muscle memory happening. But if you are having doubts about giving it up, don't do it. And even if you do, don't sell that prized bike of yours for a while afterward in case you have second thoughts.

Regret sucks. I sold my two K100RS bikes when I was told in 2005 I had a short time to live. Paid off the house and did the other things you do to make sure you don't leave a mess behind but here I am typing over ten years later. These medical experts seriously underestimated just how stubborn Irish/French Canadians can be! I now have three BMWs and despite my wife's advice that I really should sell at least one I can't do it and I won't do it.

I figure when the 1100RT gets too heavy I'll move back to the R100RS which is much lower to the ground albeit not much lighter. When that gets too much to handle the R80G/S will probably be my old fart ride. It is so much easier to push around and rides like a feather so with a lower seat I could handle that puppy for a long time yet!

Back