• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Timberline = gear fits inside it
Solitaire Solo = fits inside gear

I have a timberline 4 as well, but it hasn't been put up in so long that I'm not too sure of the condition. I remember sitting in the corner in a storm trying to stabilize it and having the corner pole bend around my back. That was a fun night night roughly 25 years ago on an island in Quetico. At least the seam sealer held when the water running through camp started floating the floor. Nothing like digging a trench in a thunderstorm to redirect the water as you hear trees falling in the dark.

I have a timberline 4 as well, but it hasn't been put up in so long that I'm not too sure of the condition. I remember sitting in the corner in a storm trying to stabilize it and having the corner pole bend around my back. That was a fun night night roughly 25 years ago on an island in Quetico. At least the seam sealer held when the water running through camp started floating the floor. Nothing like digging a trench in a thunderstorm to redirect the water as you hear trees falling in the dark.

It's times like that we tend to remember . . . . :wave

Roughing It

My tent is a Best Western. :laugh

I agree BC1100S. Did a lot of camping as a kid in the scouts and our family camped most weekends during them summer with a very large family on my maternal side.

Today, my idea of roughing it is 3-1/2 stars :D

Fun!(???)

I agree BC1100S. Did a lot of camping as a kid in the scouts and our family camped most weekends during them summer with a very large family on my maternal side.

Today, my idea of roughing it is 3-1/2 stars :D

Many years ago my son and I camped on the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way to a BMW motorcycle rally. A storm hit that consisted of mostly just strong wind. Our Hillary 12X12, "6 Man Dome" tent was pressed down against us by the wind while we tried to sleep. We used that tent for maybe 35 years until the fabric finally ripped. I now have a 2 person sized tent with down sized gear to match. My wife is no longer interested in tent camping so the smaller set up works well.:)

My tent is a Eureka Timberline....:)

One of the all time classics.

The nice thing about motorcycle camping is you don't have to hump that thing on your back, so you can pick a roomier tent without worrying about an extra few pounds.

Well, I said I have a Timberline, but didn't say I still use it! :) It's been on the shelf for years. First use was at Mt Wheeler NP, in a campground at an elevation of something a bit over 9,000 feet. It was cold. But that tent package was strapped on a number of Hondas, Suzukis, and yes, even on a Ducati.:brad

After many years of sleeping on the ground, including more than a few Fire Camps, my idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn Express. Preferably in a room close to the breakfast bar.:dance

Preferably in a room close to the breakfast bar.:dance

What the heck are those half-round, egg, or cheese or something-flavored slices they stick in the warming tray? Does it go inside some bread or do you wrap other stuff in it?

I can tell you, it's a PITA to open enough ketchup packages to smother the things to an edible state.

What the heck are those half-round, egg, or cheese or something-flavored slices they stick in the warming tray? Does it go inside some bread or do you wrap other stuff in it?

I can tell you, it's a PITA to open enough ketchup packages to smother the things to an edible state.

I don't know what those things are...never touch 'em...:)

Last edited:
S bike camping? I have heard about it. That is when BC1100S trailers his bike to SeabeckS's mansion. They set their tents up SeabeckS's deck and camp out for the weekend. Nothing like roughing it and still having access to wine & cheese. :)

S bike camping? I have heard about it. That is when BC1100S trailers his bike to SeabeckS's mansion. They set their tents up SeabeckS's deck and camp out for the weekend. Nothing like roughing it and still having access to wine & cheese. :)

Been wondering when you were going to show up!

Thanks, and you can go back to your room now.:kiss

PS. I prefer a nice Spencer steak (aka boneless Ribeye) from the grill instead of cheese with my wine. :dance

Man, that felt good. :)

I have been around. The guy who bought my RS is in Ohio (with the RS) for a while. He is kind enough to send an occasional picture and he enjoys the bike. Much work done on my /5 in the off season and I intended to ride like crazy this spring, but had the rotator cuff fixed and I haven't been able to ride at all. Argh. Going crazy.

Without an Oilhead in my garage I have to apply for an MOA Oilhead visa to get on here. :) Even then, it expires quickly. Keeping the mods happy too.IMG_2520.jpg

20150629_134737_resized.jpg

I don't go campin' with this one...don't have to:whistle

It's to scare the RS's puttering down the road with that 6 man tent flappin' behind them...seeya:wave

Sorry your still mending blue...hopefully some saddle time soon!

I don't go campin' with this one...don't have to:whistle

It's to scare the RS's puttering down the road with that 6 man tent flappin' behind them...seeya:wave

See now this is just gonna upset the RS boys (and former RS Boy) and they'll be posting all sorts of nasty stuff - including pictures of their bikes. :laugh

Nice to "see" you again Bluehole. Mend quickly and get out on that /5 of yours!

Back