• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

RT picture from 2 weeks ago, outside San Diego, that I find stirring.
IMG_3517-W1200_zps5z5fh1sy.jpg

Ok, not so much a picture of my RT, but does include the RT, is more a picture of the road and the ride that day.
CA94 between Dulzura and Barrett Junction.

And a less stirring picture, but is more a picture of the RT.
Somewhere north and east of Escondido CA, near Valley Center, I think, inroute to Palomar Mountain.
IMG_3278C-W1200_zpstptl5kzi.jpg

Last edited:
Preaching to the choir here Bob, but what a classic looking bike. :wave

I had a "C" 04 Montauk . I really did like it but. Something about the seat,bar,peg...reach ? position ? just killed my back. I thought about spending the $ to try and "adjust" it . But frankly I think it was more "me" than the M/C . I did one sorta-long trip , but pain had me stopping every 50mi or less. A friend made me a very nice offer, recouping most my money so,,,,

The touring bags hold plenty , I've heard the low power complaints, but frankly it did fine. And I just thought it was good looking. Really was disappointed that it hurt to ride and had to go.

I had a "C" 04 Montauk . I really did like it but. Something about the seat,bar,peg...reach ? position ? just killed my back. I thought about spending the $ to try and "adjust" it . But frankly I think it was more "me" than the M/C . I did one sorta-long trip , but pain had me stopping every 50mi or less. A friend made me a very nice offer, recouping most my money so,,,,

The touring bags hold plenty , I've heard the low power complaints, but frankly it did fine. And I just thought it was good looking. Really was disappointed that it hurt to ride and had to go.

Hi Ron.

My Classic is a slightly different setup from the Montauk. I switched to Bow Bars with Hookijack risers that changed just about every angle, and made it a more comfortable ride for me. Illiumworks floorboards and a Bill Mayer seat as well as enlarging the driver backrest helped also. :thumb

Still a whole lotta fun for me! :dance

Hi Bud. :wave

Hi Bluehole -

It is a "Pseudo Wudo" fender. When the Wudo factory burned down in 2002 or 2003, all their molds were lost, including this one for the R12100C. Bob's BMW had the original listed in their catalog as an "Elephant Ear" fender. When I went to order, they said they only had one, and 5 people wanted it. So they had a mold made, which destroyed the original, and produced several in fiberglass. I had it painted and pinstriped before picking it up and having it installed in June 2003. There is another guy who has produced a few more recently, and they are available thru Phil Little Racing.

Hope to meet you in Hamburg.

Add an L to the C to get this!

Bob

I know that you know if you add an L to the C you get this: :dance

Attachments

• R1200CLC at Pittsburgh.jpg
    R1200CLC at Pittsburgh.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 159
Nice. Don't these have cruise control? That is something I would have liked on my Oilheads.
When I traded my Oilhead RS for a Wethead GS, cruise control was one big thing I was looking for. I take it for granted now, but when I first got the GS, it was magical. :groovy They should have been offering cruise years ago!

Back