• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Yes and no. I dyed them black. They were gettin a little dingy, so black they went. Some of the dye is starting to come off and I can see little flecks of turquoise underneath. Probably should have have left'em turquoise. My Bad.

Thanks, but I'm not, but the bike is. She's carried me on quite a few rides. Daytona Bike Week and Key West and the '98 Missoula National. She's a good riding partner. She came with the Corbin, but I went to the original seats. She now has the big lid saddle bags, Olins shocks, RT trunk and a bunch another stuff.

View attachment 54392
Need to get it out and start riding it again.

I had a 99 "RS" luv'd it , but as i aged and the ability to "fold" my body the required amount became increasingly difficult. I sold & went to a roadster....now [it's] becoming "tight" /uncomfortable. I bought a Victory CrossRoad , [more room] and have been riding it more.

But the "RS" will always be one of my favorites........Yours is beautiful !

I had a 99 "RS" luv'd it , but as i aged and the ability to "fold" my body the required amount became increasingly difficult. I sold & went to a roadster....now [it's] becoming "tight" /uncomfortable. I bought a Victory CrossRoad , [more room] and have been riding it more.

But the "RS" will always be one of my favorites........Yours is beautiful !
I understand completely the deal about folding up to fit a bike; I've reached that age, too. I'm rebuilding my K100RT to a T. No fairing to bang my knees, just crashbars on the side to stretch out to when, the hips and knees have had enough. Airheads are also kinda tight with the cylinders sticking out. I've got a Harley Road King, may start riding it, probably the perfect old geezers bike. I guess it's like an older CrossRoad. But I'm going to give the RS one more try and hopefully I'll be able to ride it and be comfortable. It makes me feel like a kid. If it's a problem, I'll move it along to someone who can enjoy it. :)

Yes and no. I dyed them black. Probably should have have left'em turquoise. My Bad.

I think you did the right thing dying them black. I once had a Ducati that came with a grey seat. Like you, I tried dying it - with similar results. If the dye is wearing off, you could always simply have the seat(s) recovered in black vinyl. Pretty much any automotive upholstery shop can do it. Cheap and effective.

I think you did the right thing dying them black. I once had a Ducati that came with a grey seat. Like you, I tried dying it - with similar results. If the dye is wearing off, you could always simply have the seat(s) recovered in black vinyl. Pretty much any automotive upholstery shop can do it. Cheap and effective.

:thumb

My Oilhead

My R1100SAL includes factory deleted center stand to save weight (per brochure)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 4.08.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 4.08.00 PM.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 206
at the race track

Eddyville drag strip in Oskaloosa, IA...deserted so I just drove in...my ET was about 20 minutes...i had to pee:dunno

Attachments

• 20150911_105510.jpg
    20150911_105510.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 286
2002 r1100s

My R1100S right before I put it away for the winter last Nov. It was 70 here today so I might get it out for the weekend, It's got 50k miles and has been completely trouble free. And it's a very comfy sport touring bike.

Attachments

• 2002 R1100S.jpg
    2002 R1100S.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 247
My R1100S right before I put it away for the winter last Nov. It was 70 here today so I might get it out for the weekend, It's got 50k miles and has been completely trouble free. And it's a very comfy sport touring bike.

Always good to see another S here! :hug

I'm about to cry Uncle........

:dance :dance:dance

Frankly, I'll be happy to get S back from the shop next week. Doing a 24K service and upgrading the brake lines. My last couple of years have been devoted to finishing design of our new home and getting it built, so the S has mostly been gathering (saw)dust. Put a new set of tires on it in Dec...so I'm ready to ride. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Nicely optioned unit, Mr. Kuhn! :thumb

:type :stick

Consider the pot stirred . . .

DSCF2733_zps70hqigxz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Though it's a photo from last fall, just had to throw it out there!

Rode 40 miles to South Sound BMW today . . . for an airhead part! (H4 bulb modified for /5 headlight bucket). But no photos even though it was mid-40's and the sun was shining.

The S bike didn't need anything-except a good ride! :bolt

Back