• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

R1150 GS adventure

New to the forums, new to euro bikes, new to BMW bikes, and pretty new as a rider but damn proud on this new purchase!

New to the forums, new to euro bikes, new to BMW bikes, and pretty new as a rider but damn proud on this new purchase!

I like that black and yellow color combo too. I guess I'll have to admit, I like 'em all.

Even the battleship gray my GS's painted. The guy I bought it from was a Naval officer too, a diver and skipper of an ARS. So the gray fit both of us . . .

In the summer, Olympic Mountains

2014-08-27%20at%2010-02-07_HDR_zpsufd4iaiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And early this month . . . :whistle

IMG_1453_zpsm61pzyol.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the asylum! Oilheads Rule! (Well, I'm partial to airheads too . . . ).

I like that black and yellow color combo too. I guess I'll have to admit, I like 'em all.

Even the battleship gray my GS's painted. The guy I bought it from was a Naval officer too, a diver and skipper of an ARS. So the gray fit both of us . . .

In the summer, Olympic Mountains

2014-08-27%20at%2010-02-07_HDR_zpsufd4iaiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And early this month . . . :whistle

IMG_1453_zpsm61pzyol.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the asylum! Oilheads Rule! (Well, I'm partial to airheads too . . . ).

You are braver than I am riding in weather cold enough to produce snow! I assume wider/slower turns?

Well, I didn't intend to ride in that weather; the forecast didn't include snow possibilities until later in the day. But as it turned out as soon as I got to a traveled street, traffic had melted that bit of wet snow and the closer to home I got the better the weather.

But yeah, every control input is really gentle, nothing harsh. Slow for the corners. If it's too slick, try for the gravel shoulder . . . or park and call Momma for a ride home!

To CodCutter

Welcome aboard!
And
"Schwingggggg" - nice lookin 1150 GS sir!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 243
Very nice, I like that bright red color. Err, maybe "colour." :D

With the blurred focus outboard of the subject............I thought I was looking at a miniature in a diorama. Of course, I hastily started to compose a snarky posting about the cuteness of the miniature of a diminutive model. But then, I took a second look and realized it was a pretty neat photo effect.

So, I wonder, if we'll get a response on how the owner got the blurred effect?

With the blurred focus outboard of the subject............I thought I was looking at a miniature in a diorama. Of course, I hastily started to compose a snarky posting about the cuteness of the miniature of a diminutive model. But then, I took a second look and realized it was a pretty neat photo effect.

So, I wonder, if we'll get a response on how the owner got the blurred effect?

Okay, I'll say it. I'd be hoppy to hear more too!

Back