• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Had another chance to ride today, some Christmas shopping over on Bainbridge Island. In between deluges! The "Dark Knight's" a little dirty . . . but sure is fun to ride.

Pretty winter day though, with nice views of the Cascades in the distance. Note the flooded picnic area!

2015-12-11%20at%2014-23-31_HDR_zpsfdakirc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just moved a few feet; North Seattle skyline in the background.

2015-12-11%20at%2014-27-52_HDR_zpsxr4mhsch.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wasn't really expecting much in the way of photos so just took the old Canon G9. Did some HDR post processing.

Had another chance to ride today, some Christmas shopping over on Bainbridge Island. In between deluges! The "Dark Knight's" a little dirty . . . but sure is fun to ride.

Pretty winter day though, with nice views of the Cascades in the distance. Note the flooded picnic area!

2015-12-11%20at%2014-23-31_HDR_zpsfdakirc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just moved a few feet; North Seattle skyline in the background.

2015-12-11%20at%2014-27-52_HDR_zpsxr4mhsch.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wasn't really expecting much in the way of photos so just took the old Canon G9. Did some HDR post processing.

A little wet out there, eh? Would have liked to ride, but I was "busy". lol

PS. Surgery went fine... :dance

Ah, good to hear that! :twirl

I think we should get the Teutonic twins out to play together again after the first of the year . . . .

:wave:wave

This is my new to me BCR. It's not my first oilhead as I had an 1150GS for many years.

I bought this bike on impulse from Marty Hill in Atlanta as I've always liked the R1100S and this one looked to be a good example. I like (and was already equipped) to work on these bikes and as it's not my first oilhead, the acquisition was easy.

This bike will live in Nashville with us for use when we're here. I'm excited to explore the area on it. It shares the garage with my Multistrada 1200S.

BC%20Side_zpsdtrz96jn.png

BC2005_zps5b1vvsin.png

I should add that I don't have it physically yet as it is being shipped from Georgia and should arrive here mid next week.

Sweet machine...but since it's an S, that goes without saying. Love the BCR models but could never find one at a reasonable price when I was shopping.

And nice that the mirror mount space fillers were included, the bar mount mirrors look way better on a BCR.

Cheers! :dance

Last edited:
:wave:wave

This is my new to me BCR.

Congratulations and welcome to, in my opinion, the best BMW forum around. That is one flashy motorcycle. It appears to have an aftermarket shock on it, too. Only downside to a BCR is no centre stand but there's no beating its looks.

Congratulations and welcome to, in my opinion, the best BMW forum around. That is one flashy motorcycle. It appears to have an aftermarket shock on it, too. Only downside to a BCR is no centre stand but there's no beating its looks.

+1 on the opinion of this forum, it's a good un..

For something a more S centric, you might be interested in R1100/1200S forum hosted on the Tech Forums at Pelican Parts...

More narrow focus, but if you have a specific question about your BCR, it's a good place to check out.:)

Cheers!

Nice looking bike, Joe.

BTW - There's a lot of "S" riders on this thread. Once they graduate to two letter models, like your RT, they'll be friendlier.

Hey! I resemble that last remark!!!

But your first remark is correct, that's a nice looking RT. :)

RT's

Truth be told, I had an RT. 1100-style. Bought it back east before I retired to the right (correct) coast . . . that'd be the left one.

I put about 15000 miles on that RT. It was a great bike (at least after the Hall sensor was replaced). But I just could never "bond" with it. My GS felt right, the /5 felt right, even the little W650 felt right, but that RT never did. It's the weight and the way it falls into corners.

I know a lot of folks who love those bikes--and the new owner of my old one loves it. The failure, it would seem, was mine. So I figured that I'd just stay with the GS.

Then I got a chance to ride that black S bike. It felt natural after, maybe, 200 yards. I liked the way it cornered. I liked it's slow speed maneuvering in the parking lots. It felt fine on gravel. Then we got to the straight stretches . . oh, never mind. Someone might be lurking here who shouldn't . . . :dance

Yeah, I bonded with the S bike. Just goes to show that we all respond differently to different machines. So it's all good! :thumb

Last edited:
To those following this thread:

In ORexpat's signature line he says "old..and..slow".

Well, he may be mature, like many of us.:)

But he sure as heck ain't slow! :laugh

Cheers and Happy New Year! :dance

To those following this thread:

In ORexpat's signature line he says "old..and..slow".

Well, he may be mature, like many of us.:)

But he sure as heck ain't slow! :laugh

Cheers and Happy New Year! :dance

You peninsula folks seem to be a unique lot. Could it be that every "S" bike is migrating to one geographical spot and awaiting the return of the mothership?

Back