• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Thanks for posting the photos...and thanks again for the good ride this afternoon...!

Cheers! :)

Guess now we'll have to go for more mid-winter rides, post photos of our bikes in exotic (at least to those easterners . . . ) locations, and make 'em all jealous.

If we look really hard and get really lucky, maybe we can even find a patch of backroad without moss on the pavement and set up for some "action" shots . . .

:hide

Did someone say post more S pictures? :whistle

IMG_2580-L.jpg

Did someone say post more S pictures?

I think ORexpat is using some "unnamed" source as cover to get a bunch of S pictures on here. Countering with an RS picture here, but the rest of us Oilheads could use reinforcements...Rs...GSs...feel free to join in. Otherwise this could end up being the Post A Picture Of Your S thread.

20150101_085859.jpg

...this could end up being the Post A Picture Of Your S thread.

Bluehole, you come up with the BEST ideas! ORexpat, wonderful shots and beautiful bike. I mean the black one, of course. The pencil lead grey and school bus yellow one is passable, I guess. :D

I think ORexpat is using some "unnamed" source as cover to get a bunch of S pictures on here. Countering with an RS picture here, but the rest of us Oilheads could use reinforcements...Rs...GSs...feel free to join in. Otherwise this could end up being the Post A Picture Of Your S thread.

View attachment 52853

Some look within, others look beyond to their surroundings and universe to find meaning and nourishment of the soul......

Guess now we'll have to go for more mid-winter rides, post photos of our bikes in exotic (at least to those easterners . . . ) locations, and make 'em all jealous.

If we look really hard and get really lucky, maybe we can even find a patch of backroad without moss on the pavement and set up for some "action" shots . . .

:hide

Dan, I see the weather guessers are estimating that we "might" have a couple of dry, 50+ degree days in early December...perhaps we could do a Hood Canal loop? I'm sure we could find some good photo stops...:)

043.jpg

I disavow any knowledge of suggesting adding to the S onslaught :whistle

Just to catch the R's up as well. I need to run some fuel thru the S soon!

SAMSUNG RUGBY JUN 15 516.jpg

Nice Chromeys Bob:wave

Dan, I see the weather guessers are estimating that we "might" have a couple of dry, 50+ degree days in early December...perhaps we could do a Hood Canal loop? I'm sure we could find some good photo stops...:)

View attachment 52857

That could be a plan. I've got to do some business with Moto International for the Washington State BMW Riders (Dave is scheduled to speak at our December 6 meeting) but other than that, a Canal Loop would be really cool. I'm teaching at the MSF range this weekend but not next week.

Coast. forest, and mountains all in the same ride. Doesn't get better than that!

Besides, this thread obviously needs more "S" photos . . . :thumb

A Little Variety

My golly, with all this about our "S" bikes, perhaps a little variety might be in order. So . . .

On the road to Observation Point, near Hurricane Ridge, Olympic Mountains.

2014-08-27%20at%2010-02-07_HDR_zpsufd4iaiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

About a third of the way between Ironside and Juntura Oregon. 57 miles of what looked on the map like a nice county gravel road-and it is at least to this point. I got kinda stupid and kept going; even the two-track with foot-tall grass growing wasn't that bad. The decent towards Juntura was umm, interesting, but with 45 miles to go back there was only forward and down! Alone, cell coverage non-existant, no SPOT . . . yeah, dumb. But since I didn't crash it was all good!

DSCF2062_zpsggitsoiq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back on pavement, Hells Canyon overlook. No drama here, just lots of smoke from this year's forest fires.

DSCF2354_zpsijdkvejn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:thumb

That's the Roebling Bridge across the Delaware at Lackawaxen. Nice riding up that way.

Drove thru that area many times on I84, but never considered taking the exit at Port Jarvis/Matamoros?? Ironically, that's what a lot people do when traveling thru the middle of PA.......just stay on the Interstate until you hit civilization.

Back