• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwcBaG-S7UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Front fender pic

detbmw,

Since I don't ride a 2000 RT, wondering what your bike looked like before the fender-ectomy? Any before and after shots of the whole bike? That fender looks pretty nice, but don't have anything to compare it with...

Cheers! :)

Since I don't ride a 2000 RT, wondering what your bike looked like before the fender-ectomy? Any before and after shots of the whole bike? That fender looks pretty nice, but don't have anything to compare it with...
Cheers! :)

Here's a front fender from my R1100RT. They didn't change from start to 2001 end of production. I like the look of the less bulky 1150 fender and even this above mod. But, notice on the original 1100RT fender how the additional plastic is there to provide some protection for the speedometer gear at the axle and the disk caliper. They are mostly covered by the larger fender shape.

RT_Fender.jpg

Here's a front fender from my R1100RT. They didn't change from start to 2001 end of production. I like the look of the less bulky 1150 fender and even this above mod. But, notice on the original 1100RT fender how the additional plastic is there to provide some protection for the speedometer gear at the axle and the disk caliper. They are mostly covered by the larger fender shape.

View attachment 52442

I have an 1150 Roadster "beak" fender. I had a 99 RS before that, always liked that front fender/fork cover combo.

So I picked up a set I plan on putting on my Roadster....

Thanks gentlemen, I can see why someone might want to change that stock RT number, even though it does provide extra component coverage...:)

Cheers!

Nice day here
IMG_5256.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not perfect, still a bit noisy, but much less buffeting than stock and since someone else had already rattle canned it black... why not cut it up and turn the chunk I removed into a DIY laminar lip. I tried it without the lip initially after I cut it down and it was horrible. For a few minutes of work and $5 in parts, it isn't half bad.

screen_mod.jpg

Back