• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

While initially appearing to be an astute observation by the noted physicist, it's really a simple statement of number line theory in Base26, where the letters of the alphabet represent the digits, 0-25. Accordingly, when you purchased the CL, it's indicated value is nominally 28.6% of the RS. In total, your motorcycle stable is now equivalent to 1.286RS.

If you purchased an "S", as some might suggest, the value of your motorcycle stable would rise an additional 3.9% to 1.325RS. At that point, we would then need to consider the "Law of Diminishing Returns" from the field of Economics

Live well......

I was just going to point that out....

While initially appearing to be an astute observation by the noted physicist, it's really a simple statement of number line theory in Base26, where the letters of the alphabet represent the digits, 0-25. Accordingly, when you purchased the CL, it's indicated value is nominally 28.6% of the RS. In total, your motorcycle stable is now equivalent to 1.286RS.

Base 26? I had trouble passing my hexadecimal course in tech school! I'm not going to attempt to figure it out, but the CL is actually a CLC so that's got to be a big number.

the CL is actually a CLC so that's got to be a big number.

Oh, my.......you are correct. You're in the league with RSL & GTL folks. From that perspective, the addition of an "S" would be infinitesimally small, somewhere in the 3rd or 4th decimal place.

I met MarkM (former RS owner) at the rally yesterday. He rides a new GS now but old habits die hard, apparently. I caught him unloading his bike off a trailer (SOP for an RS rider) outside of town and then throwing dirt on it to make it look like he was riding off road.

:laugh

I met MarkM (former RS owner) at the rally yesterday. He rides a new GS now but old habits die hard, apparently. I caught him unloading his bike off a trailer (SOP for an RS rider) outside of town and then throwing dirt on it to make it look like he was riding off road.

Once arthritis converts you to a GS rider, a bit of strategically-placed anti-skid material is a prudent precaution......

No way BC! I was with MarkM all the way to the Big Horn mountains, and have photographic proof no trailers were involved.

I can tell you though, he will spill his guts if you offer to buy donuts!

Have fun there, sorry I am missing the rally this year!

No way BC! I was with MarkM all the way to the Big Horn mountains, and have photographic proof no trailers were involved.

I can tell you though, he will spill his guts if you offer to buy donuts!

Have fun there, sorry I am missing the rally this year!

Photographic "proof" = Photoshop? :)

MMmmmm...donuts! :dance

Wish circumstances were different, would really have enjoyed the Rally this year. (Especially if donuts were involved!).

It was great riding with k75s for a few days. I even got a peek at his namesake K75S in the garage! This was taken on the road to the Big Horns. That's k75s in the lead... my bike might still be on the trailer, who knows.

2015-07-19 03.51.52 (1024x751).jpg

... my bike might still be on the trailer, who knows.

Of COURSE its still on the trailer - you're in the car towing it. :laugh

Great meeting you, Mark! Hope those guys managed to fish your torx wrench out of wherever they let it fall.

Last edited:
Of COURSE its still on the trailer - you're in the car towing it. :laugh

Great meeting you, Mark! Hope those guys managed to fish your torx wrench out of wherever it they let it fall.

It was great meeting you as well. Wish we had time to enjoy a drink and trade more barbs in person. I didn't get to see your bike so I assume you really had it there and didn't just drive a car! Yes they got my tool out, and the vendor did a great job installing my new lights. :thumb

I didn't get to see your bike so I assume you really had it there and didn't just drive a car!

Feast your eyes, young man. (That's my buddy who rode to the rally with me)

Drummond, Montana - home of 135 different kinds of hamburgers and the cheapest meal I've had in 30 years. My buddy and I had lunch and the total bill was $10.75.

IMG_20150726_181343.jpg

PS Sorry to spoil your day, 36654! :D

Last edited:
I was going to ride to Billings, but was concerned the RS would get dirty. So I put the RS in a trailer, but realized the trailer would get dirty. :)

I was going to ride to Billings, but was concerned the RS would get dirty. So I put the RS in a trailer, but realized the trailer would get dirty. :)

I thought about trucking my S to Montana, but like you realized the transport device would just get dirty. And I'd probably have to change the oil too...great minds, etc, etc. :dunno

And, now you don't have to complain about what you didn't like about the Rally. Everyone is a winner.

I thought the rally was great. Some really good seminars, especially the one put on by the Snell Foundation on helmet standards. Some new vendors "forced" me to buy stuff. Some vendors who I've seen before educated me on more of their stuff. The beer tent had an excellent selection of brews. Food selection was pretty good, too. I met MarkM (ok, that's not necessarily a plus :laugh ) but I didn't get around to meeting Bikerfish (my fault).

AND...I got to see multiple Harley riders wearing the perma-sneer (and no protective gear) as they blasted along the interstate at 80 mph no doubt convincing themselves that not wearing a helmet is a good thing :banghead . I mean, even convertibles have windshields. Why would one choose to subject oneself to the wind, bugs, and debris that gets kicked up on the highway? Don't try and 'splain it to me - I'd never understand. :D

Back