• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Gap%20-%202-Edit.jpg

RS parking is around back. This is, after all, the classiest of diners.

Gap%20-%202-Edit.jpg

RS parking is around back. This is, after all, the classiest of diners.

The owner must be an RS owner. Being a classy diner, "RSes" in clearly code for "preferred parking." Thanks for keeping the S in its rightful place up front.

This really is funny. :)

S bikes and cruisers and squids out front. BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, Agusta, etc. are invited to park on the red carpet next to the secluded garden dining area behind the restaurant.

Damn, I missed the secluded garden dining area behind the restaurant?? A return trip is in order.

You and I both know that second generation RS riders (especially that Bluehole character) will go to great lengths to rationalize their inferior beasts. Trailering their bikes to remote locations for evidenciary photographs, sprinkling dust on them to make them look ridden, etc. Flat out lying is just another one of those lengths. Save yourself a trip, the only "secluded garden" behind the diner is called Rusty's Used Auto Parts and Linoleum Centre.

:D

^^^^
The shoo fly pie was pretty good. :eat

That's food? Lard & flour in a pie crust topped with molasses and baked? God save me from my cheap German ancestors.

Try explaining Ponhaus (scrapple) to someone from Germany. First of all, it's hog feed. It ain't food. And, if these people really were Germans, why wasn't there any beer?

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure these PA Dutch were asked to leave Germany by their neighbors.

This really is funny. :)

S bikes and cruisers and squids out front. BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, Agusta, etc. are invited to park on the red carpet next to the secluded garden dining area behind the restaurant.

If I had "S" parked in the Gap, I'd get better TP.

Spiegler lines from my local independent shop and a front master cylinder rebuild kit from Beemer Boneyard. I bought a bottle of Willwood brake assembly lube from Summit Racing and used it to coat the piston, seals and freshly honed bore before putting the master cylinder back together. It is buttery smooth with a nice firm feel; can't wait to get it out on the street soon.

I looked at all 180 pgs of pictures in this thread and I think I can count the number of R1200CL pictures on one hand so I thought I should add mine. I picked up the CL this spring, the RS I've owned since '94. The CL is stock other than the shorty wind screen, same for the RS other than the Corbin rumble seat and Spiegler brake lines. I thought I only needed two bikes, but after looking at all the pictures now I need a GS, probably an R nineT, a Rockster, maybe an R...

Lastly, since about half the posts on this thread are RS vs S posts I thought I should solve this problem with simple math: RS > S. Seriously, look closely at the chalkboards behind pictures of Einstein, I'm pretty sure this is in most of them.

Resized Both.jpg
Resized CLC.jpg

So, we should trust some Einstein guy? What makes him so smart?

BTW, nice CL and RS...maybe you should round out the collection with an S! :dance

Lastly, since about half the posts on this thread are RS vs S posts I thought I should solve this problem with simple math: RS > S. Seriously, look closely at the chalkboards behind pictures of Einstein, I'm pretty sure this is in most of them.

While initially appearing to be an astute observation by the noted physicist, it's really a simple statement of number line theory in Base26, where the letters of the alphabet represent the digits, 0-25. Accordingly, when you purchased the CL, it's indicated value is nominally 28.6% of the RS. In total, your motorcycle stable is now equivalent to 1.286RS.

If you purchased an "S", as some might suggest, the value of your motorcycle stable would rise an additional 3.9% to 1.325RS. At that point, we would then need to consider the "Law of Diminishing Returns" from the field of Economics

Live well......

Back