• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

It was 111 on the porch the other day, so I figured a good way to beat the heat was to give the RS a bath. A good deal for both of us. :) Getting it prepped for a ride down the Oregon/Cali coast to San Francisco. About 2000 miles round trip.
bmw clean.jpg11178346_10200828252185796_719597589727997954_n.jpg

It was 111 on the porch the other day, so I figured a good way to beat the heat was to give the RS a bath. A good deal for both of us. :) Getting it prepped for a ride down the Oregon/Cali coast to San Francisco. About 2000 miles round trip.
View attachment 50625View attachment 50626

Did a similar ride following th 49'er Rally this spring. Will you make the national? How about the Stomp? Hope see you on the road down Riggins way. Ride easy, gp image.jpg

@Gary Phillips, we retired Wildland firefighters do love our Beemers, don't we? Great picture, where was it taken?

Cheers!

Amen Bill. Photo was in Yosemite after coming over Tioga heading west.

Thought maybe it was Tioga, but many moons since I've ridden that road. :thumb

Used to do a lot of dayrides in the Sierras when we lived in Minden and I worked for NDF.

Take care! Bill

About as dirty as I can get it.
4JiLFR-6wX1SGaS-Eiq4yC5M0nRJdl4lCQ9Uv7laxSw=w1359-h1019-no

B2aT3H9ROS5fXQ0kBUr0CoOvvXonyA2QzwvGkBXFMD4=w1359-h1019-no

6JSWqFHKH0U28BimVO3GOofM0R-ItfzGPFsIjpWqIfU=w1359-h1019-no

m@

Is that a stock front shock on that nice looking RS?

Why not just get an S? :scratch

Sorry...couldn't help it! :dance

That's a slippery slope of bad precedent. Wouldn't my subsequent bike then be a "nothing"?

Nope, it's maintain what you have before down scaling to get by. Perhaps, when I'm older.

What's NDF?

Nevada Division of Forestry.

Signed on as a seasonal Wildland firefighter when attending engineering school. Ended up changing majors, earned two degrees in natural resource management and became a professional forester...at least until a new governor came in and eliminated my position. Went back over to the fire service side and ended my 16 years with the agency as a battalion chief.

NDF is primarily a Wildland fire agency, but also oversees/maintains a number of rural fire protection districts, so we did Wildland, Structural, EMS, etc, etc...

An interesting place to work as one had to wear different hats depending on the situation. Still miss living near the Sierras, lots of nice riding opportunities on days off! :dance

Cheers!

Nevada Division of Forestry.

Signed on as a seasonal Wildland firefighter when attending engineering school. Ended up changing majors, earned two degrees in natural resource management and became a professional forester...at least until a new governor came in and eliminated my position. Went back over to the fire service side and ended my 16 years with the agency as a battalion chief.

NDF is primarily a Wildland fire agency, but also oversees/maintains a number of rural fire protection districts, so we did Wildland, Structural, EMS, etc, etc...

An interesting place to work as one had to wear different hats depending on the situation. Still miss living near the Sierras, lots of nice riding opportunities on days off! :dance

Cheers!

Ever read the Big Burn by Tim Egan?

Yes, well written and brings back memories...

And the hazards today are probably worse then they were 100 years ago...

I'll be interesting to see how fire policy evolves. In many ways, it's analogous to the shift in flood control policy. Back in the day, floods and fire were something we were going to control, today they're acts of God that are beyond us....

By the way, Gifford Pinchot started the forest service and paved the roads in PA....

I'll be interesting to see how fire policy evolves. In many ways, it's analogous to the shift in flood control policy. Back in the day, floods and fire were something we were going to control, today they're acts of God that are beyond us....

By the way, Gifford Pinchot started the forest service and paved the roads in PA....

One of my degrees is in forest hydrology, so totally get the similarities in policy evolution. :)

The US Forest named in honor of Mr. Pinchot is just a few miles away from us. Didn't know he was a road builder too!

If you enjoyed "The Big Burn", I'd also recommend Norman McLeans "Young Men and Fire".

Cheers, B

One of my degrees is in forest hydrology, so totally get the similarities in policy evolution. :)

The US Forest named in honor of Mr. Pinchot is just a few miles away from us. Didn't know he was a road builder too!

If you enjoyed "The Big Burn", I'd also recommend Norman McLeans "Young Men and Fire".

Cheers, B

Pinchot was the governor of PA during the Great Depression and understood the potential benefits of improved transportation infrastructure to stimulate the economy. Probably, one of the last Teddy Roosevelt Progressives.....but, a prohibitionist till the end.

Back